Saving desktop on exit

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Rev. Pearl Bates | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:30 PM

Can someone please tell me how to save my desktop on exit like I used to do with Logos 3?

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:59 PM

On your home page, take a look at the bottom left hand corner for the word customize.

Click that and uncheck the box "show homepage on startup"  From now on, guess what you'll see when you reload Logos?  Your desktop, the way you closed it.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3742
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 12:39 PM

RevPearlBates:

Can someone please tell me how to save my desktop on exit like I used to do with Logos 3?

Tom's right on target for getting your last desktop saved on exit. However, save-on-exit WON'T update a saved layout, if you've named / saved it. To save a new or named layout, you have to:

1. Click on layout button. Then:
    1. To name / save a new layout  
      Click the tiny pencil beside the latest (or desired) snapshot  & key in a name when the tiny window appears.
      Notice that your new named layout will appear in a list of Named Layouts on the left.
    2. To save your existing layout
      right click on the named layout that you'd like to update to the current snapshot, then left click Update to Current Snapshot.
      (L4 appears not to know what layout you have open, so it's critical you pick the one you have open. Otherwise, you may update your Old Testament layout when in reality you have your New Testament layout open, for example. Users have requested a fix several times, but I don't know whether or not this has made their to-do list as yet.)

Blessings on your Bible studies!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS