The Add button doesn't work correctly

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
Edwin Combs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 11 2010 1:34 PM

sometimes when I click on the Add button the menu sometimes pops up at the bottom of the screen of pops on and then disappears before I can do anything.  I have an extra monitor attached to my Laptop and sometime with Logos on the big monitor the menu will pop up on the laptop screen in the lower left corner partly covered by the dock and the finder icon.

Sometimes it works find though, so go figure.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 1:40 PM

There are quite a few buttons in the application labeled "add". Could you be a bit more specific?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 32
Edwin Combs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:06 PM

The Add button next to the down black triangle used on the Passage Guide and Exegetical Guide. The button to add sections to these guides.  Sometimes it will stay up and sometimes it won't, sometimes it pops up in the lower left corner of my laptop screen and not on the monitor where Logos is running.  That Add Button.  This isn't a big deal but I think it should work.

One more thing. Can we turn off the My Content section? I don't use it and it's always one of the last to stop spinning.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:12 PM

Regarding the My Content section: if you generate a guide that does have content for that section (this could be as easy as making a passage list that has an entry that intersects with the guide), then you can collapse the section (just click on the section heading), and it will stop generating by default.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:57 PM

David Mitchell:

Regarding the My Content section: if you generate a guide that does have content for that section (this could be as easy as making a passage list that has an entry that intersects with the guide), then you can collapse the section (just click on the section heading), and it will stop generating by default.

Is it by design that everything is expanded by default, requiring it to be collapsed? I think I also have noticed creating collections makes them automatically enabled and expanded in Cited By. I seems that might not be the preferred way for everyone.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 3198
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:15 PM

Dewayne:

Collapse/retracted sections will remember whatever state you last had them in. So if you ran a Passage Guide, and after a section finished you could collapse it, then the next time you run the Passage Guide that will auto to collapsed. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS