Beta 6: Copy Bible Verses closes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:03 PM

I cannot keep the CBV panel open. I opened Beta 6 with a blank layout too. Log attached.

6835.Archive.zip

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:08 PM

Seems to happen when Logos tries to Sync. Also, I have an alert over my sync icon. See attached.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:26 AM

I'm still not sure what's happening with Copy Bible Verses; as far as sync is concerned, try clicking on this link: logosres:LLS:1.0.71 and then scrolling in the book that shows up.

If you continue to have trouble with Copy Bible Verses after doing this (and syncing again), posting logs after indexing has completed may help us find the problem.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:43 AM

Well that worked! Not sure why, but sync and Copy Bible Verses both work. Thanks

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:00 AM

Rob Taylor:

Well that worked! Not sure why, but sync and Copy Bible Verses both work. Thanks

See those things on the shelves behind David - they are containers of

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--

now do you understand?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:19 PM

Rob Taylor:
Seems to happen when Logos tries to Sync

While looking into a crasher reported by Jack Caviness here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/21647.aspx, Cameron and I stumbled upon the code that is causing this behavior. It turns out that on Windows and on Mac, when a new Copy Bible Verses style is sync'd while the Copy Bible Verses Panel is open, the application closes the panel (rather than refreshing the data). I tested this and it works the same way on Windows as on Mac. I suspect then that this is an issue for the Windows guys to work through that we'll benefit from on the Mac side. I'll talk with the Windows dev lead tomorrow about the possibility of getting this behavior changed.

So while this behavior is surprising, as it stands it's "working as implemented."

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1
David & Marene Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 12:26 PM

I need to copy multiple Bible verses and each time I try the Alt Ctrl B I do get the copy Bible Verses pane okay but when I don't know how to highlight the 6-7 verses and then copy them over to my Microsoft Word doc

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:30 PM

Enter the range of verses you want in the reference pane, press enter, then click either "Copy" or "Copy and Paste"

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS