Smart Tags: Format differences between Replace with Passage and Copy Bible Verses

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

Below are the examples. The first shows what I get when I select 'Replace with Passage' from the Smart Tag menu. Note that the verse number is not superscripted. (The format in CBV is shown in the second clipping. It should be superscripted.) The second example shows what I get when I select 'Copy Bible Verses' and hit 'Copy and Paste' on that panel (it produces the same result if I hit 'Copy' and then manually paste into Word). The superscript verse number is transferred over.

It seems that I should get the same result regardless of the way I choose to do it.

I am using Word 2007.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:33 PM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:

It seems that I should get the same result regardless of the way I choose to do it.

That would be nice, but unfortunately the Smart Tag API provided by Word is limited to plain text (without a lot of trickery that would be difficult to maintain across different versions of Office). (LDLS3 smart tags functioned in the same way.)

The smart tag will insert plain text; this is by design. Copy Bible Verses should be used to insert formatted text.

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:47 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Copy Bible Verses should be used to insert formatted text.

Thanks for the explanation.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:05 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
(LDLS3 smart tags functioned in the same way.)

Hi Bradley,

Will the Smart Tag allow us to invoke CBV, as does L3? Thanks!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:12 PM | Locked

BillS:
Will the Smart Tag allow us to invoke CBV, as does L3?

Bill, it does indeed. You can replace with the passage, open to the passage, and open CBV from the Smart Tag menu just as in 3.0.

BTW: I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting Smart Tags to work.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 10:56 PM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:

Bill, it does indeed. You can replace with the passage, open to the passage, and open CBV from the Smart Tag menu just as in 3.0.

Woo hoo!

Thanks for sympathies... But I'm also confident we'll get it figured out. It's gotta be some setting.... Smile

I can't wait until it works, tho'!

I'll check forums 1st in the a.m., but then I'll be at work (sans internet) until afternoon.... <sigh>

Blessings to you!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS