having log in problem while doing L3->L4 upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Connie Koo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:15 PM

Just finished downloading the Logos4Setup.exe. When I run that application, it asks me to use www.logos.com log in information to sign in. I did just that and it says "Unable to connect to Logos.com". So I opened up a browser and go to Logos.com and type in the same log in info, and I was able to successfully log on to my account online.

I disabled my firewall and my virus scan....what possibly is preventing me from logging on? Anyone has the same issue?

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 12:43 AM

Here are some solutions offered by Logos Support:

http://www.logos.com/L4/support/unabletoconnect

Here's another more rare problem that might be causing it:

http://wiki.logos.com/Cannot_connect_to_Logos_servers

If you don't find a solution that works for you in either of those places, then enable Diagnostic Logging and Upload your log files here, and we'll try to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Posts 2
Connie Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:29 AM

For those who care about finding a fix in this:

I called into their tech support, and was escalated to a level II case and Becky (the lady on the phone) was extremely helpful in fixing my issue remotely.

ROOT CAUSE: there were expired Microsoft certificates that have caused my machine's connection to the LOGOS server non trustworthy, that's why I have been getting "unable to connect" issue.

FIX: She went in and find out all the certificates (Microsoft and non Microsoft related) to make sure non of them are expired. She said expiration of the certificates may be caused by changing of the date/time on the machine (which I did to my machine previously).

Hope this helps.

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 6:48 PM

Connie, thank you for reporting back what the fix to your problem was. This will be helpful for us MVPs when we encounter people with a similar problem in the future. I do recall now seeing another thread recently about someone needing a root certificate update, but had forgotten about that. I'll add it to the wiki as one of the possible causes of not being able to connect to the Logos servers.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 6:14 AM

My but that is unusual.  And so bizarre.  yes that's Redundant but, I'm quite certain I would never have thought of it.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS