Logos 4 Not Opening Anymore

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Cole Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:59 PM

I installed Logos 4 last week. Everything has been working fine. Today I was trying to use the "read aloud" feature on one of my books when the program froze and would not allow me to quit or force quit. I restarted the computer. Since then Logos 4 will not open. It appears in the finder window along with all of the options but the home page never appears and when I select the options from the top menu nothing works.

Can you help me? 

Posts 5660
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 1:11 AM

Hi Cole

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

I am a bit confused by the the report though.

Perhaps it would help if you did a couple of things before the Developers get out of bed.

1. Restart your computer - attempt to start Logos - once everything has settled down take a screen shot of the state of the desktop (Command & Shift&3) and paste it here (use the paper clip icon) the file of the screen shot will be on your desktop.

2. Have a look at the video for posting bugs. There is a link below my signature in this email. Restart your machine and logos and when everything has settled take the logs (not forgetting the console log) and post them here in the zip file as instructed.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 18
Cole Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:42 AM

Thanks, Mike. Attached is the screenshot and the logs.5037.Archive.zip

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:20 AM

Cole,

Can you delete /Users/colebrown/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/0juy9p8s.llo/HistoryManager/history.db then try opening Logos4.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:22 AM

Mike Binks:
Perhaps it would help if you did a couple of things before the Developers get out of bed.

Get out of bed? It almost sounds like you assumed we would be in bed at that point…

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:15 AM

David Mitchell:

Mike Binks:

Get out of bed? It almost sounds like you assumed we would be in bed at that point…

Nighttime is the right time for coding.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 18
Cole Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 3:57 PM

That worked. Thanks, Martin!

Posts 1
Tim Bontekoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2011 7:31 AM

Martin,

Was having the same problem as Todd only mine was triggering kernal panics and then after updating to latest version Logos would open to just the menu bar but unresponsive. Thanks for your tip, it worked! I will save this on a sticky note Big Smile

God bless,

Tim

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2011 9:18 AM

My software is having the same issue and I can't get to that area of my computer to delete the db.  Learned how to access that part of my iMac, deleted the file and it came up fine.  Thanks for the tip.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS