Logos 4 Crossgrade

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Matt Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:42 PM

I own Logos Platinum (LE) for PC. I have both PC and MAC at home, and would like to be able to use the MAC version access all the books i have for PC, but I can't figure out how to do that without spending hundreds of dollars.  Why don't all my books crossgrade to MAC? 

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:48 PM

Unless you are having a technical problem, you can use all your books on your Mac as well. Just download the Mac version from this link. Then install and run. Your books will automatically sync to your Mac.

Grace be to you.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 5319
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:51 PM

Hi Charles,

I am not surprised that you want to use Logos on the Mac.

Just install the Mac engine and type 'update resources' in the command bar

quit and restart L4M.

Send me a cheque for $199.99 and you won't have spent hundreds of dollars.

(you might even get away without the third step)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Charles M Adams:

I own Logos Platinum (LE) for PC. I have both PC and MAC at home, and would like to be able to use the MAC version access all the books i have for PC, but I can't figure out how to do that without spending hundreds of dollars.  Why don't all my books crossgrade to MAC? 

We do not have separate products in the store for Logos 4 Mac and Logos 4 Windows. When you buy a Logos 4 base package, you can install that base package on multiple Macs and PCs that you own, provided you are the user.

If you download the latest Logos 4 Mac engine and login with the same username and password that you use to login to the Windows version, you shouldn't even have to type Update Resources and you certainly don't have to send Mike any money ;). The software should begin downloading your resources automatically.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:47 PM

Charles M Adams:
Why don't all my books crossgrade to MAC? 

Any books in particular ?

Comparing library resource counts finds Logos 4 Mac Beta 10 has 3 files more than PC 4.1 Beta 11 => 2 old Mac help files and BHS 4.0 morphology.

Thankful Logos 4 library license useful on iPad, iPhone, Mac, & PC.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS