Anxiously Awaiting Beta 11

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:58 AM

Just waiting for my West coast friends at Logos to get in the office this morning so I can use my L4 again. I've never been so excited about a new Beta. The bug in Beta 10 had me using L3 for my sermon prep for the first time in months. Darn you Labor(less) day. Keep up the good work guys. By the way, I would be in support of moving the Logos office to the East coast. 

Dave 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:23 AM

Dave Souers:

Just waiting for my West coast friends at Logos to get in the office this morning so I can use my L4 again. I've never been so excited about a new Beta. The bug in Beta 10 had me using L3 for my sermon prep for the first time in months. Darn you Labor(less) day. Keep up the good work guys. By the way, I would be in support of moving the Logos office to the East coast. 

Dave 

Perhaps today will be the day. We had some last minute issues to work out from some changes over the long weekend.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:38 AM

Thanks Tom. That's what I figured when I went to update yesterday and there was nothing there. Keep up the great work. 

Dave

Posts 4
Rev. Michael Lokietek | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:14 AM

I'm in the same boat.  Beta 10 has made me have to use L3.  Please hurry!  Michael

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:26 PM

Beta 11 is available!

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:34 PM

Should Logos auto-update? Mine is not updating automatically or via the Update Now command.

Thanks for you work!

Jon

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:46 PM

Jon, looks like I'm downloading the update now (71.5 mb).

I  always close and reopen Logos to get the updates to start downloading.

Posts 3
Jonathan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:53 PM

Should of waited five more minutes... :)

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:02 PM

I just had to manually download it but it works. You guys at logos are doing a great job. The search bug is fixed, and even better than that, when you expand the resources in the search panel, you no longer have to scroll all the way back to find them, it automatically stays where you were looking. Nicely done. 

Posts 441
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:17 PM

Cannot download Beta 11

Closed program and restarted but still no update

Ran update now, but still no update

any ideas?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:23 PM

Lewis Harper:

Cannot download Beta 11

Closed program and restarted but still no update

Ran update now, but still no update

any ideas?

You can always manually download from http://www.logos.com/logos4mac

Posts 441
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:29 PM

Thanks Tom,

I just downloaded it!

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:36 PM

I love you dev dudes!! (in the Lord Geeked)

Posts 2
Hal Arthurs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:34 AM

Just downloaded Beta 11 and it is still hung on loading as the Beta 10.  I uninstalled 10 and installed 11 with no change.  Is there a config file I can delete to restore the original templates?  I seem to have too many resources open.

The Logos version I downloaded reports itself as "Logos Bible Software 4" not as a Beta.

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:44 AM

Hallett Arthurs:
The Logos version I downloaded reports itself as "Logos Bible Software 4" not as a Beta.

That's because after Beta 11, Logos moved to the "Release Candidate" stage, which is very close to what a final release will look like.

To find out what you are running now, check the "About Logos" item in the menu bar and compare the build number listed there with the current release notes here.

Logos is at RC3 now, release notes for RC1 and RC2 are here.

Hallett Arthurs:
 Is there a config file I can delete to restore the original templates?

Hold down on the Command key after launching Logos from the Dock. You''ll get a window where you can choose "Use Blank Layout"

Grace be to you

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 2
Hal Arthurs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 5:09 AM

Thanks Levi, this worked, I am now unlocked.  I was just preparing the log files as the video showed.

According to the release notes I am running RC3. 

Thanks for the very quick answer, God Bless...

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS