Case-sensitive visual filter?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:13 AM

I was playing around this morning trying to create a simple visual filter to highlight the words "God" and "Jesus" and it's almost perfect except that "god" is also highlighted.  Is there any way to do a case-sensitive search in Logos?  I've tried both God and "God" (in quotes, hoping it would force case-sensitivity) but neither do quite what I was after.

Anyone have any gems to share?

The screenshot below shows the results of my experimentation:

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:17 AM

The option for case sensitivity is in the tile menu

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:20 AM

Ah, cool!  I just checked the Visual Filters panel and, alas!, there is no such option for Visual Filters... :-(

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:26 AM

Stuart Robertson:

Ah, cool!  I just checked the Visual Filters panel and, alas!, there is no such option for Visual Filters... :-(

Yes, it's there, and that was a new surprising discovery for me (thanks, Kevin!).

Maybe it's on the Windows side only thus far, or is new in 4.1. But it should be on the Mac side sooner or later, and if it's supposed to be already but isn't, then that should be a bug report. Only if it's new in 4.1 Win would there be any excuse for it not to be on the Mac side yet. I'm about to go to bed, so I can't stop and go through all the beta release notes to see if it was added during the 4.1 beta cycle.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 4:45 AM

Rosie Perera:
I'm about to go to bed, so I can't stop and go through all the beta release notes to see if it was added during the 4.1 beta cycle.

I just did a skim of the 4.1 release notes and there's no mention of the case feature being added in 4.1... which matches well with my recollection that this has been in the panel menu for a while.

Stuart, hopefully the Mac team can get this feature into L4 Mac soon.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:00 AM

Thanks to both of you for the rapid replies (do either of you ever sleep?).  I'll look forward to the feature coming to the Mac sometime soon.  Must just say that I'm loving the latest Mac beta of L4 (B11) - it's becoming very usable... rough edges still visible but for the most part runs really well (and pretty fast for many tasks).

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:41 PM

Stuart, please report it again with "BUG:" prefixing the subject line so it is noticed by Melissa and recorded as a bug in Mac B11. Otherwise it might not get noticed and fixed in time. Mac L4 is supposed to ship on Oct 1. Thanks!

EDIT: You can do an appreviated report and just include a link to this thread (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/22834.aspx) for the details.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:56 PM

Rosie Perera:
Stuart, please report it again with "BUG:" prefixing the subject line so it is noticed by Melissa and recorded as a bug in Mac B11.

Melissa doesn't interact with the Mac forum as much as we (the developers) do, so the subject line isn't really an issue.

Tangentially, (and speaking for myself, only), I'm not really fond of all caps words in subject lines.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS