Be where?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 11:50 PM

Chris Roberts:

Andrew McKenzie:

I using Logos 4 WIN, I would expect at this point  Logos 4 MAC would allow the same.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Unfortunately, this is wrong. Editing info like this is not yet possible in the Mac version. It should eventually be possible, but not yet.

One of you Mac types had better report that then as a bug, since they're supposed to be releasing L4 Mac on Oct 1, and it's supposed to be completely feature equivalent to Win 4.0d. This ability to edit titles has been in the Win side since before 4.0d.

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 1:50 AM

Rosie Perera:

One of you Mac types had better report that then as a bug, since they're supposed to be releasing L4 Mac on Oct 1, and it's supposed to be completely feature equivalent to Win 4.0d. This ability to edit titles has been in the Win side since before 4.0d.

Done - not sure if its the right place mind you! - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/22990/171315.aspx

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 1:55 AM

Paul Gisbourne:

Rosie Perera:

Done - not sure if its the right place mind you! - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/22990/171315.aspx

Yup, I think that's the right place. Thanks!

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 5:04 AM

Rosie Perera:
One of you Mac types had better report that then as a bug, since they're supposed to be releasing L4 Mac on Oct 1, and it's supposed to be completely feature equivalent to Win 4.0d.

No, it's not. Devs have repeatedly said in the forums it will not be completely feature equivalent. Mostly equivalent, not fully equivalent. What has been stated is that hopefully 4.1 on the PC will be the last release where they do not have parity. By the next major release they hope to have full parity with the PC and Mac versions. But for now, parity has not been reached, certainly not with 4.1, and not quite with 4.0d.

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:50 AM

Chris Roberts:
No, it's not. Devs have repeatedly said in the forums it will not be completely feature equivalent. Mostly equivalent, not fully equivalent. What has been stated is that hopefully 4.1 on the PC will be the last release where they do not have parity. By the next major release they hope to have full parity with the PC and Mac versions. But for now, parity has not been reached, certainly not with 4.1, and not quite with 4.0d.

OK, thanks for that clarification. I have not been reading the Mac forum as thoroughly as the PC forums. I'd heard only that they'd acknowledged it was not going to reach parity with 4.1, and they weren't even trying, but I thought they were shooting for 4.0d. At this point I applaud their decision to get it out the door rather than achieve total feature parity. One does wonder, though, whether reaching feature parity might be a haphazard thing and be left up to users to notice if something (albeit minor) is missing. I guess time will tell...

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:27 AM

Rosie Perera:
One does wonder, though, whether reaching feature parity might be a haphazard thing and be left up to users to notice if something (albeit minor) is missing.

I've wondered this as well, so starting threads to point out specific issues remains a good thing to do just to make sure things like this get noticed.

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:33 AM

Chris Roberts:

Rosie Perera:
One does wonder, though, whether reaching feature parity might be a haphazard thing and be left up to users to notice if something (albeit minor) is missing.

I've wondered this as well, so starting threads to point out specific issues remains a good thing to do just to make sure things like this get noticed.

Yes, indeed. Not sure if this one has been or will be noticed, though. No Mac devs have chimed in yet. I sure hope they are reading all threads like this even if they don't have time to reply, and are keeping a list of such issues that need to be addressed in the next Mac release.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 10:40 AM

They read the threads pretty closely so I'm sure they've noticed. But B12 should be around the corner, so that has their focus.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 12:11 PM

Chris Roberts:
They read the threads pretty closely so I'm sure they've noticed. But B12 should be around the corner, so that has their focus.

Yes... We're trying to get the next release out the door ASAP. And a per Rosie's post, the Windows Dev lead and the Mac Dev leads are going to be regularly meeting post Mac 4.0 ship to resolve any unimplemented features in Mac. There have been places where we developed something to the Windows spec at the time on Mac, and since then, Windows has been tweaked slightly and Mac has to catch up a bit.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS