Notes don't open from verse link

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 240
Tim | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:05 PM

This undoubtedly has been brought up somewhere else but I cannot think of the appropriate terms to search for. Here is my problem. I am one of those obnoxious notes users who uses notes far beyond the original intended purpose. As such, I have many note entries in any particular note file, linked to specific verses (i,e Galatians 1:1 has its own note, as does Galatians 1:2, etc). When I hover my mouse over the note icon in my Bible the note pops up as expected, but when I click on that note icon nothing happens. On the Windows version if I click on it it opens the note file to that specific note. Is this something others have noticed as well, or a problem unique to my machine? 

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 4:08 AM

Tim Hankins:
When I hover my mouse over the note icon in my Bible the note pops up as expected, but when I click on that note icon nothing happens.

I recently asked this same question in another thread. Cameron (from the Mac Dev Team)  replied that this was on their list of things to do, but I don't have an ETA.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Jack Caviness:

Tim Hankins:
When I hover my mouse over the note icon in my Bible the note pops up as expected, but when I click on that note icon nothing happens.

I recently asked this same question in another thread. Cameron (from the Mac Dev Team)  replied that this was on their list of things to do, but I don't have an ETA.

In the current version, something should happen. Namely, if the Notes document is not currently open, it should open it (without repositioning it to the clicked note). If that's not happening, that's a new/different bug.

If the Notes document is already open, it may appear to do nothing because it doesn't yet reposition the document to the selected note. The failure to reposition is a known issue that will be fixed.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 10867
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 3:22 AM

Cameron Watters:
If the Notes document is already open, it may appear to do nothing because it doesn't yet reposition the document to the selected note. The failure to reposition is a known issue that will be fixed.

Thank you, Cameron, for the clarification.

Cameron Watters:
In the current version, something should happen. Namely, if the Notes document is not currently open, it should open it (without repositioning it to the clicked note). If that's not happening, that's a new/different bug.

I haven't tried this. I have just one major note file which is open in every layout.

Posts 240
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:56 AM

Cameron Watters:

The notes document was already open and the document was simply failing to reposition. Sorry, I didn't realize this was a known issue. I had tried searching the forums, but as I mentioned previously, I don't think I was using the right search terms.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS