How do I view Logos 3 resources in Logos 4?…

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:31 PM

I'm stumped!

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:07 PM

Michael, you haven't told us what you have done or tried.

To view these resources in Logos 4, you must first synchronize your licenses in Logos 3 and then open Logos 4 to allow Logos 4 to download the resources and add them to your Logos 4 installation. This usually is done when you first install Logos 4.

Tell us what you have done so far.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:08 AM

I have both Logos 3 and Logos 4 installed on my desktop computer.  I just added resources last night that were designed for Logos 3.  They're available to me in Logos 3, but not in Logos 4.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:25 AM

Today I've run the synchronize license function in Logos 3, but still no sign of these resources in Logos 4.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:28 AM

Michael,

I'm out of the loop but...I believe you have to tell L4 where those resources are (just once) using the "scan" command

find where those resources in L3 are; write the path down or copy it from the address bar.

type in the command line in L4:

Scan C:\libronix\resources\books (or whereever your resources are) and then restart Logos....it will find them.

Here is a wiki link to all the commands:

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Commands

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:55 AM

Thanks Robert, I appreciate your response.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:07 AM

Well, that didn't seem to do anything.  No feedback that anything was scanned.  Resources still not visible in Logos 4.

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:23 AM

Michael Anda:

Well, that didn't seem to do anything.  No feedback that anything was scanned.  Resources still not visible in Logos 4.

Did you restart L4 after issuing the scan?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1863
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:30 AM

Michael Anda:
Today I've run the synchronize license function in Logos 3, but still no sign of these resources in Logos 4.

Try typing "Update Now" in the command bar of Logos 4 and see if that downloads your resources into Logos 4.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:33 AM

Peace!  *smile*

Are these resources purchased from Logos ....        or a 3rd party??

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:20 AM

Michael Anda:

I had a similar problem with one of my recent pre-pub purchases.  I downloaded the resources to my L3 directory and synced my licenses and entered "update now" in the L4 command line without success.  I waited overnight and found that in the morning I had the resources in L4 as well.  Perhaps you simply need a little patience. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:57 AM

George Somsel:
Perhaps you simply need a little patience. 

I could use a little of that, too. You didn't tell us where to download it, though, George. Wink

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:00 AM

Mark A. Smith:

George Somsel:
Perhaps you simply need a little patience. 

I could use a little of that, too. You didn't tell us where to download it, though, George. Wink

That's because you don't need to download it.  It will download automatically.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:07 AM

George Somsel:
That's because you don't need to download it.  It will download automatically.

I'm waiting...I'm waiting... I'M WAITING...

Oh. You must mean some other way. HMMM.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:05 PM

It was through a 3rd party.  No activation key was provided, but it was a new, sealed product and the contents do appear in Logos 3.  What kind of patience is required, anyway?  =)

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:38 PM

Michael Anda:
No activation key was provided

I don't believe I've ever had a Logos 3 resource that didn't have a product key and didn't need to be activated. That doesn't mean such things couldn't exist. Do you mind telling us what the resource is? If in fact there is no activation required, then there may not be a license generated and that would explain why Logos doesn't know you have the product.

Michael Anda:
the contents do appear in Logos 3

I assume you mean they appear unlocked and you can open them and scroll through them?

Michael Anda:
What kind of patience is required, anyway?

Not all that much. It points to another problem. It seems, repeat seems, that Logos 4 does not know you are licensed for this product. At least that would explain why the Scan command doesn't work and Update Now produces nothing.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 6:46 PM

Michael Anda:

It was through a 3rd party.  No activation key was provided, but it was a new, sealed product and the contents do appear in Logos 3.  What kind of patience is required, anyway?  =)

I can only recall one resource that didn't require a code.  That was the facsimile edition of the BDB.  If you had the disk then you could use it.  I still have it on my computer though I'm not sure why I retain it since I do have the EBDB as well (and HALOT as well). 

Would you care to let us know what resource that is?  Perhaps someone has experience with it.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:40 PM

It is called "The Serious Christian."  I see now, after revisiting Logos 3 for another "Synchronize Licenses" attempt, that I have 44 days and 2 hours before I need to provide an activation key.  Apparently, this is the hangup.  Thanks all for your time.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:46 PM

Peace, Michael

The activation key is often found quite hidden in the packaging.  Hopefully you still have your packaging left?  If so, look very carefully in "strange" places!  Logos users have often been surprised by where the code has been placed.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:57 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Peace, Michael

The activation key is often found quite hidden in the packaging.  Hopefully you still have your packaging left?  If so, look very carefully in "strange" places!  Logos users have often been surprised by where the code has been placed.

Yes, I've even found it on the plastic shrink-wrap that goes around the CD case! (It was a while ago, but I think it was a 3rd party resource.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS