Logos 4 not playing nice with Windows 7's window resizing ...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
IcarusSC | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 20 2010 1:53 AM

So Win7 has this awesome auto-resize feature wherein, if you grab a window and drag it to the right or left side of the screen, it will automatically resize to fill that half of your screen. Isn't that neat?

Well, it would be neater if L4 could remember where it was. If the window is minimized, it doesn't pop back up in the right spot ... instead, it gets resized into some smallish square at a random spot on my screen. This is a little annoying. Any ideas/suggestions?

I'm using Win7 Pro 64 bit.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:04 AM

This happens to me too. I've adjusted my habits to not minimize Logos but if I forget Logos resizes with the title bar above the top of my monitor, I have to maximize the Logos window so I can use the program again. I don't know if this is a MS problem or a Logos problem but it has been around since 4.0.

As much as possible, leave Logos maximized if you must minimize it, maximize it first.

Posts 3
IcarusSC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:18 AM

I think it must be a Logos problem, since it doesn't happen to any other apps that I use. Any chance of getting that issue tweaked in a future update?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:29 AM

I don't know, Logos has not acknowledged, to my knowledge, that this is a bug.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:12 AM

David Samuel Talbert:
I think it must be a Logos problem, since it doesn't happen to any other apps that I use. Any chance of getting that issue tweaked in a future update?

Problem or limitation imposed by the .NET framework upon which Logos 4 is based? Since Logos 4 is the only .NET based program I know that I have (or at least run regularly), it might not be Windows 7 fault but .NET. Would be interesting to hear what the cause of this is and whether it can be fixed. I settle for running either maximized or minimized and so don't run into the problem.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:37 AM

Adobe Acrobat does something similar on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my computer. Most annoying.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS