Recent reinstall

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 27 2010 1:01 PM

I'd had some problems with L4 where when I'd open the program it would instantly shut down. I was in touch with tech support and they said that I had a beta version? and that's why I am now having problems restoring my bookmarks etc. I remember there was a way to save your bookmarks where when you closed the book it would remember where you last left off. It had to do with syntax and you initially used word to craft the bookmark. Does anyone know how to do this? I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks, Valerie

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 1:04 PM

If you were using 4.1, and are now back on 4.0, then your bookmarks won't sync. But when you update to 4.1 (which can't be too long now), then should sync back at that point. It might be worth waiting…

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2010 5:34 PM

Valerie Pobog:
I hope this makes sense. 

Tech Support won't give you any help with a beta as a matter of policy. Had you updated to 4.1 RC2 as per the instructions in the forum and are you now on 4.0d? Type Alt+P and click on About Logos Bible Software. The version appears on the top left of the window eg. 4.1 (4.10.4.5179).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:07 PM

Valerie

How are you progressing with this?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:49 AM

I'm on 4.1 now. I really don't know what beta I had because my husband talked to tech support and they did a remote where they were able to detect corrupted files in Logos. They told him that it's likely I have lost that information. 

So what I want to know is the syntax for creating a bookmark that automatically updates itself when I close Logos. I had this before and created them using Word. It was something I read here in the forums and I should have written it down. 

I hope you know what I am talking about. 

Valerie

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:59 AM

Maybe it's favorites I mean. I just know that you could create a list of books and each was dynamic. 

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:24 AM

Valerie Pobog:
They told him that it's likely I have lost that information. 

That isn't so good - I would be surprised if you lost any of your documents (collections, notes, clippings, etc).

Valerie Pobog:
I hope you know what I am talking about.

I'm afraid I don't. I trust that others will, though!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:39 AM

Valerie Pobog:
I just know that you could create a list of books and each was dynamic. 

Do you mean collections?

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:55 PM

No, it was individual books and you could create a list of books you are reading and with this syntax ( I don't know a better word for it) you could have the book open to where you last left off. 

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 1:04 PM

Valerie Pobog:
No, it was individual books and you could create a list of books you are reading and with this syntax ( I don't know a better word for it) you could have the book open to where you last left off. 

I seems to me that perhaps you were dragging books from your library onto your Favorites.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 1:19 PM

Valerie Pobog:

I'm thinking this method by Gary O'Neal is what you're thinking of: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7242/57167.aspx

I prefer just to tag the books I'm reading with "toread" and then open them from the library.  Anytime you open a book from the library it goes back to where it was previously.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 189
Valerie Pobog | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:03 PM

Yea!! That's exactly it! Thank you so much

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS