Logos 4 ist crashing (beta and stable)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30
Artur Wiebe | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 28 2010 4:35 AM

Hello,

I have som serious problems with L4. After switching to beta channel, L4 does not start any more. Sometimes ther were an error message like "unknown software exception". I tried to switch back to stable channel. Now it starts with "signing in", "preparing your libraray", the program pops up and then is gone. What can I do? Please help me.

I can not work with L4 anymore.

Artur

I have: Logos 4 Platinum (LE), WinXP Pro SP3

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 4:39 AM

Artur,

Welcome to the forums. First try this: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Not_Starting

If that does not work, please turn on logging and upload your logs (see 'How to ask for help', below).

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 30
Artur Wiebe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 5:56 AM

Hi Mark,

thanks. It's working again!

Greetings,

Artur

Posts 30
Artur Wiebe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 6:22 AM

Hello Mark,

I tried it again and I think that the L4 Explorer is the reason why L4 crashes again. When I opened it, L4 again crashes.

Artur

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 10:22 AM

In that case we will need to see your logs (see my earlier message).

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 30

Hello Mark,

here are my logfiles:

Description
L4 crahes after opening my default layout or the Logos Explorer

Steps to reproduce

1. Load logos 4
  2. Open Bibles and Passage Guide
  3. Open Bible Explorer, it is working an then suddenly all crashes and Logos 4 is down

Actual Result

L4 crahes
Expected Result

I want to work with L4.

System Specs
Laptop IBM Thinkpad R51 | WinXP SP3 | 1,7 GHZ Intel Pentium M | 2GB RAM | 22” Samsung external Monitor |

Comments
Anything else you need to add

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 3:15 PM

Artur,

The logs files are a bit confusing. The Logos4IndexerCrash file is from your 4.0 SR-2 installation. The other three are from the 4.1 installation. Your Logos4 log file is from about 5 and a half hours earlier than the Logos4Crash file (Log ends at 18:05:52 and Crash occurs at 23:43:04). The Logos4 log file shows no crash or errors. The Logos4Crash file seems to show a problem accessing data in what certainly could be a query stared by Explorer.

It would be helpful to have concurrent log files from the time of a crash. At least the Logos4.log file and Logos4Crash.txt.

At this point you can try to open Logos 4 holding down the CTRL key during start-up and selecting 'Open to a Blank Layout' when you have the chance. See if you can get into Logos and use it by avoiding Bible Explorer.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 30

Hello Mark,

its me again. L4 is working until I use the "Explorer" or the "Passage Guide". The Exegetical Guide" is working properly.

Here are my logfiles again from today. Can you see, what's wrong with my L4?

Thank you for helping me,

Artur

Posts 27910
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:42 AM

The crash logs should be sufficient for Logos and I've created a wiki bug report to draw their attention to this.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 9:48 AM

Artur ~ Your logs have been submitted to development for review. Thank you.

Update:  Developers believe this is caused by a corrupt search index. They recommend rebuilding the index to see if that resolves the problem. In the Command box, type rebuild index and press Enter. You may want to wait until the end of the day, when you're done working in Logos, to enter the command.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS