printing to Adobe PDF

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 101
Greg B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 28 2010 5:55 PM

Using RC2, if I print to Adobe PDF, it (Acrobat) just gives me an error message and aborts creating the PDF.  Is this intentional?  I wanted to read it on my Nook.

Greg

Posts 3838
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 6:07 PM

I do not use Acrobat, but I have used a couple of 3rd party products to print to PDF.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 6:26 PM

I've found that turning off the "Rely on system fonts only" option under the printing properties tends to help with that issue

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 101
Greg B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 7:42 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

I've found that turning off the "Rely on system fonts only" option under the printing properties tends to help with that issue

Thanks. I have an older version of Acrobat (6), so it  was a matter of unchecking the box that says "do not export fonts".  It solved the problem

Greg

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:54 AM

I had never tried using the print to PDF feature.  As a trial, I just coverted Lake's Apostolic Fathers - English Translations to PDF.  It took about 5 minutes.  This is one of those areas where L4 gets a little slow.  It would be nice if in there was a select all option in the sections to print.  I did uncheck the box to rely on system fonts.  In just a few minutes though, I have a PDF of the entire book that I could transfer to my Kindle DX (which I think I'm ready to sell at a good price) or my iPad for use in iBooks.  It was a fairly painless process.  I could have just as easily sent it to Word and done a little editing and had a fully functional PDF with hyperlinks to each chapter.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS