Keyboard shortcuts for Next/Prev verse?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:00 AM

I often work with ESV, BHS, NA27, Text Comparison open and want the windows to "sync up" with each other.  Scrolling the ESV window up and down is a bit of a hit and miss affair when trying to get the other windows to place the exact same verse at the top of their windows.  Hence I frequently use the Next / Previous verse buttons.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for this? 

In particular, is there a keyboard shortcut that will always go a next/prev verse (regardless of the last-used option in the verse/chapter/book dropdown)?

Posts 18754
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:26 AM

Stuart Robertson:
In particular, is there a keyboard shortcut that will always go a next/prev verse (regardless of the last-used option in the verse/chapter/book dropdown)?

No, not on Windows, so I presume not on Mac either. The keyboard shortcut for Next/Prev in general is Shift-Command-Down arrow on Mac, but it will do whatever the last action in the dropdown is. It would be worth asking for a keyboard shortcut specifically for next/prev verse since that seems like a common action. (Even better would be an interface to assign our own keyboard shortcuts to any command we want...but that would be a huge undertaking, so I won't even dare to dream about it.)

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:17 AM

Rosie Perera:
The keyboard shortcut for Next/Prev in general is Shift-Command-Down arrow on Mac,

Cool - thanks.  Yeah, a fully configurable keyboard shortcut system would be nice.  I regularly use the Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) Java integrated-development environment (IDE) and it has a superb, fully customizable keyboard shortcut system.  Perhaps it can serve as inspiration for the Logos team for Logos 5...

Posts 18754
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:10 PM

Stuart Robertson:

Rosie Perera:
The keyboard shortcut for Next/Prev in general is Shift-Command-Down arrow on Mac,

Cool - thanks.  Yeah, a fully configurable keyboard shortcut system would be nice.  I regularly use the Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) Java integrated-development environment (IDE) and it has a superb, fully customizable keyboard shortcut system.  Perhaps it can serve as inspiration for the Logos team for Logos 5...

Maybe one of the guys who knows the Logos COM API system would know whether it would be possible to write yourself a little macro to set the next/prev menu to "Page" and then execute "Next." You could then assign that to whatever keystroke you like with a system-wide keyboard mapper and you'd be in business for now, until the Logos team gets around to doing something more.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:14 PM

Rosie Perera:

Stuart Robertson:

Rosie Perera:

Maybe one of the guys who knows the Logos COM API system would know whether it would be possible to write yourself a little macro to set the next/prev menu to "Page" and then execute "Next." You could then assign that to whatever keystroke you like with a system-wide keyboard mapper and you'd be in business for now, until the Logos team gets around to doing something more.

That would work if there were a COM subsystem on OS X…but there isn't Sad.

It's possible that I might add an AppleScript API to the Mac version at some unspecified point in the future, but don't tell anyone, okay? Wink

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:10 PM

David Mitchell:
It's possible that I might add an AppleScript API to the Mac version at some unspecified point in the future, but don't tell anyone, okay?

Okay, so now I'm drooling...  I'm a developer at heart (Java, .NET, bits of Cocoa, etc) as well as a believer and disciple of Christ - the thought of being able to mix a bit of development of my own to automate things like layouts, window positioning (and keyboard shortcuts) is quite a thought!  Here's hoping the possible becomes the reality one day.

Thanks for all you're doing for Logos, David.  I'm loving my Bible studies in L4M.  Very much.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS