New and confused: what downloads can I access?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Michael Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:28 AM

Hi Logos and friends,

Have downloaded Logos 4 Mac for my new iMac - so cool. But I'm totally new to Logos, and I'm confused about a couple of things.

1. If I can see a download option on a product page, does that mean that I can download and use that product? 
  2. And if it is a Libronix book, how do I get access to it from the Logos 4 package? 
  3. I get the impression that not all the Libronix features are in the Logos 4 (yet), so does that mean that I should download Libronix too?

For example, I purchased the basic Scholar's version, but I can see the Word Biblical Commentary (WBC 59 Vols.) downloads. It's not in the booklist for the package I bought, but then I can't see it in any package.

So I'm not sure where I stand or how I go about downloading and using these commentaries.

Thanks for the product, and the help.

Michael

Posts 5443
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:52 AM

Hi Michael,

Michael Campbell:
If I can see a download option on a product page, does that mean that I can download and use that product? 

All the products that are for sale on the web site will work with Logos 4. If you opt for download when you purchase them you will not be sent a CD but the resource will download to your computer when you are connected to the internet, have 'Automatically download updates' set to 'Yes and either type 'Update now' in the command bar or quit and restart Logos.

Michael Campbell:
And if it is a Libronix book, how do I get access to it from the Logos 4 package? 

Logos 4 deals with Libronix files automatically.

Michael Campbell:
I get the impression that not all the Libronix features are in the Logos 4 (yet), so does that mean that I should download Libronix too?

Many Logos 4 users have now deleted the Libronix application now that Logos 4 is capable almost everything that Libronix could do.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:55 AM

Michael....

Welcome to the forums!

I'll try and answer your questions if I can...

1.) Yes. If you purchase a resource and it has the download option you just purchase it...close and reopen L4...it will detect it..and download it automatically. (Sometimes it might take up to 15 minutes to detect if there are network issues or something).

2.) If it's a libronix book, then I'm assuming it comes on CD. In that case, you just insert the CD and L4 should detect that  and install it (I'm not sure here but another forumite will correct if I'm wrong)

3.) L4 is not just "the next version of Libronix" so there are some overlaps in features and things...but really, they are both "stand alone" apps. You can just run L4 and that's fine.

As for the WBC...I'm not sure what you're getting at but the WBC isn't in any standard package so it has to be purchased separately.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2
Michael Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:35 AM

Thanks Mike and Robert - answered all my questions. You guys are champions. A big thumbs up: Yes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS