Linked resources slow to respond

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
RonJ | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 9 2010 12:21 PM

Hi! I'm somewhat of a Logos 4 newbie, but have enjoyed the linked resources feature.  However the last day or so, the linked resources are sporadically very slow to respond.  Here's an example:

I'm viewing Deuteronomy 16 in the New Living Translation. I have the Exegetical and Passage guide linked, with all resources set to Link A.  Normally as I scroll through the passage from verse to verse, the linked resources update quickly.  However if I start in the Bible pane on a longer passage like Chapter 16, or if I start in a link from my reading guide (for example Deuteronomy 16:1-20.  The linked resources load all verses, and even scrolling to a previous chapter will not update them. I can wait for 15-20 seconds and nothing happens. If I can get it to begin updating (by continuing to move to previous verses or even chapters), then all resources update quickly. If I scroll down a passage and hit a new chapter heading (Chapter 17, for example), the problem starts over again. It seems like if I move quickly over the heading, it works okay.

I've not had this problem before.  The only change I can pinpoint is the latest build update [Logos 4.1 SR-3 (4.10.4.5986)]. (by the way, it would be great if Logos could make the build number selectable so I could copy it)

Is this a problem anyone else is having?  Any idea if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is a bug?

Thanks for any advice.  And thanks Logos for a great resource. I love this program!

Posts 26962
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:47 PM

Hullo Ron & welcome!

I've not tried to link resources and Guides before so i can only observe that going from Rev 15:7 to 16:1 only results in an update for chapter 16 in the Guides, and there is no update for the individual verses as i scroll the NLT slowly from v2 to v10, etc and then, as it updates to Rev 17:1, the Guides update to 17:1. Thereafter the Guides update verse by verse!

The Guides are slow to respond & quirky! I'll try in  4.2 beta later.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:58 AM

I am using the latest beta. I can repeat your results to a degree. It depends on whether or not the guides are expanded or not. If all sections are expanded, and you have a large library, they will take time to load. If they are compacted then they will load faster, especially you throw an entire chapter at them. Moving quickly through the guides from your Bible as described, it will skip a few verses.

The speed of your computer will make a difference. I am using a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ, 4GB  or Ram with a 800 MHZ Bus speed, 5700 RPM HDD, and Intel graphics 3500 built in card in my notebook.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 26962
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:58 AM

Dave Hooton:
I'll try in  4.2 beta later.

I'll register this as a bug in the Beta forum. I also got no updates thru Rev 16 on the faster Desktop in 4.2 beta 1.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
RonJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 8:38 AM

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I can't explain it, but everything is working fine again today.  The only thing I can see that was different was that there was a synchronization issue going on when I was having this problem (forum comments speculated it was a server issue).  I used Logos again yesterday afternoon (problem was in the morning) and everything was working great again.  I can't see how the synchronization issue (icon continued to spin, then a triangular error icon while the issue was happening) could impact speed of linked resources updating. It may have been coincidental.  It wasn't an issue on my machine - no other programs using resources. My PC is pretty powerful.

Thanks to all who have replied to my post. This is by far the most effective forum community I've ever experienced!  Blessings to all!

Posts 26962
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:20 PM

Ron Jensen:
Thanks to all who have replied to my post.

You're welcome.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS