BUG: NIV has lost it's scroll bar in Logos 4.2B1

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:06 PM | Locked

I have 7 different bible versions open but the NIV is the only one without a scrollbar.  I closed and reopened it with the same results.

Luther Locklin

HP Pavilion dv7-1267cl Vista 64 SP2 8GB Ram AMD Turion x2 dual core mobile RM-74 2.2 Ghz

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:31 PM | Locked

If your NIV is in paged view it won't have a scroll bar.  It may not have multiple columns and still be in paged view.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:36 PM | Locked

Thanks Jerry,  I guess I don't understand what paged view is.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:46 PM | Locked

Make sure the selection is unchecked (where the arrow points), if you want a scroll bar.(assuming that is the problem)

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:48 PM | Locked

Luther Locklin:
I have 7 different bible versions open but the NIV is the only one without a scrollbar.

Post a screen shot of your NIV.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 31
Luther Locklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:57 PM | Locked

Jerry was correct in that I had paged view checked.  I tried to find paged view in the help file but couldn't find it.  Unchecking the selection got me my scroll bar back (I looked on the wiki and it clearly says the scroll bar isn't there in paged view).

As I said, I don't know what paged view is supposed to do.  Do they document these new features when they're incorporated in to a beta version?  If they do, where do I find it?

Thanks for the help,

Luther

Posts 25898
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 9:04 PM | Locked

Luther Locklin:
Do they document these new features when they're incorporated in to a beta version?  If they do, where do I find it?

Hi Luther

Release notes for Beta releases are at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Beta_Release_Notes

Information about "paged view" is at the top of the release notes for 4.2 Beta 1.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS