Bible Word Study - Open Multiple? BUG REPORT

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 16 2010 2:49 PM

Hey folks...

I've got a greek text open in the bottom left hand pane. I've already right clicked on the word 'eirene' in verse 3and clicked Bible Word Study. It opened up in the panel above as you can see.

When I right click on any other word, and select Bible Word Study... for example 'charis' at the beginning of verse 3... nothing happens. I have to close the 'eirene' Word Study for it to open another panel with the new word.

Is this expected behavior? I would think it is terribly limiting if so.

Added Logs

3007.Logos Log Files.zip

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:14 PM

That would not be the expected behavior, in my opinion. I can reproduce this. It seems like a bug to me.

You can work around it by selecting Copy from the right-click menu and pasting it into the BWS's Word box, but I'd also email the bug report in to logos4feedback@logos.com if after a couple of days you don't get a reply from Melissa on this thread saying she's reported it to the developers.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:19 PM

I can also reproduce this with Stephen's Textus Receptus. But BWS works properly with NA27 (it opens different BWS tabs for each word that you are trying to view)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:20 PM

Rosie Perera:
I can reproduce this.

I can reproduce that from Stephen's Textus Receptus, but not from any other resource. Weird. Dragging the BWS menu item doesn't work either. Definitely a bug with that resource.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:23 PM

Ok.. Thanks everyone...

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:24 PM

Interestingly I was able to open a second BWS tab from Stephen's Textus Receptus as long as the second one I chose to open was based on a different guide template. So I have a My Bible Word Study which would open to the second word, while the original BWS was open to the first word.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:29 PM

Appears to be a resource limit - can replicate using Stephen's Textus Receptus (1550) With Morphology - only one Bible Word Study (BWS) open - next one is unresponsive (on Mac 4.10.4.6210 and PC 4.20.4.6276 - shared code base issue).

However, can open peace and grace BWS using NA27 or Greek New Testament (different greek bible resources).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:39 PM

It seems to me to be a problem with all resources that use Robinson Greek Morphology: Interlinear Literal Translation, TR1894 and TR1550. All other morphologies seem to work fine.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:44 PM

Now we've worked out the problem, I've reported this as a bug with a clearly subject. Hopefully it will get picked up on Monday.

4.2 beta 2: Bug: Only one BWS can be run for Robinson's morphology

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 3:52 PM

Thanks for the quick attention everyone... Its much appreciated.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:18 PM

Tom:
When I right click on any other word, and select Bible Word Study... for example 'charis' at the beginning of verse 3... nothing happens.

OK. Let's be clear about this. This is a 4.2 beta bug reported in the wrong forum (Tom, you needed to use the PC Beta Forum).

However, I can reproduce with 4.1 SR-3.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:30 PM

Dave Hooton:

Tom:
When I right click on any other word, and select Bible Word Study... for example 'charis' at the beginning of verse 3... nothing happens.

OK. Let's be clear about this. This is a 4.2 beta bug reported in the wrong forum (Tom, you needed to use the PC Beta Forum).

Not to worry. Mark has already reported it as a bug over in the PC Beta forum with a link back to this thread.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 5:02 AM

Dave Hooton:

Tom:

However, I can reproduce with 4.1 SR-3.

Thanks Dave. However, I originally didn't post this as a bug. I posted it as a question as to normal behavior since I am new to Logos. It did transform into a bug report. But thank you for pointing out my error.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 7:17 AM

Tom:
I posted it as a question as to normal behavior since I am new to Logos. It did transform into a bug report. But thank you for pointing out my error.

Tom, what you reported is excellent and I only wanted to draw your attention to the PC Beta Forum for issues with the beta version you are using - I got that info from your log, but anyone else reading the thread would assume the problem was with the production 4.1 SR-3, or be as confused as I was at first!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:02 AM

This is reported as fixed in 4.2 beta 3.

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 6:37 AM

I downloaded it yesterday afternoon and confirm that this is fixed in that release. YAY!!

Kudos to Logos for they're super quick response.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS