SR-3 Agreeing to install resources just closes the program.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4737
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:45 AM

A message came up this morning to say that resources were waiting to be added to my library.

When I agreed the program shut down.

That's all it did.

If this is expected behaviour it would be a touch more gentle for the message to indicate that restarting Logos was required.

Restarting Logos was required and a very short indexing phase followed.

Posts 18885
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:08 AM

Mike Binks:

A message came up this morning to say that resources were waiting to be added to my library.

When I agreed the program shut down.

That's all it did.

If this is expected behaviour it would be a touch more gentle for the message to indicate that restarting Logos was required.

Restarting Logos was required and a very short indexing phase followed.

I have noticed this on the Windows side too. It seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it will restart the program for you (maybe that's only when there's a program update as opposed to resource updates?) and sometimes it will just shut the program down and expect you to figure out you need to restart it. I haven't yet figured out the pattern.

Posts 330
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 3:34 AM

I don't know exactly when this changed - perhaps when Mac went gold -  but I was used to a 'install and relaunch' procedure for both: a program update and resource updates. Somehow this standard behavior is changed to a 'not sure what is happening situation' 
Not a big deal, just manually restarting Logos and everything is fine but I agree with Mike that it would be nicer to know.. 

Luuk

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS