How do I set up a search in L4 that lists all the words used 5 times or more in the book of Ephesians?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Dale McIntire | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:19 AM

Can someone tell me how to set up a search in L4 that will list words used "x" number of times in any given Bible book? For example, I've done a "manual search" through Ephesians listing what I believe key words might be, based on frequency of use. I want to check my work. I need to know all the words in Ephesians that are used, in any form, five times or more. Can L4 do this analysis and if so, how is it set up?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posts 22384
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:01 AM

Hi Dale - and welcome.

A similar question was discussed recently at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/24956.aspx.

You will see it is possible but takes time!

Hope this helps.

Graham

Posts 22384
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:30 AM

Dale

To test this I did a search in Ephesians and came up with the results below (just the first screen's worth)

As you can see it did take a reasonable amount of time but certainly quicker than me counting them!

Graham

Posts 3
Dale McIntire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:55 AM

thanks for the direction! It's not quite what I was hoping for, but way better than trying to do it by hand. I'm really struggling with trying not to utterly dislike L4 so I'm glad there is some way to get the job done.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS