topic search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:45 AM

How do I search topics by single author with multiple books in my library?

Posts 22354
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 4:12 AM

Hi Richard.

If you create a collection of the books you are interested in searching (http://wiki.logos.com/Collections) you can then choose that collection to search against.

If books within that collection have author as a search field (you can see this by clicking on the information button associated with the resource and seeing whether it is a search field) then you can select author as a search field using the "All Text" drop-down menu:

When I do this for the author "Bruckner" I get the results shown below:

Does this give you what you want?

Graham

Posts 25371
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:23 AM

Richard Mahoney:

How do I search topics by single author with multiple books in my library?

If a resource has multiple authors/contributors, and that search field exists, Graham's suggestion may work. The Early Church Fathers series have an author/compiler of Schaff, P but you will not be able to find the articles actually written by an Early Church Father! Individual resources of a commentary series usually have the unique author. With this in mind you can create a Collection of books by an author using something like

author:Jeremiah

Searching for topics may be difficult. So what do you mean by topics? You can search any collection or resource for a word or phrase, but that may not be in a heading for an article/topic!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS