Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:30 AM

I just purchased 2 works for Lib3.  I clicked the unlock/download button on the order page after submitting my cc info.  Both works downloaded, but when I open up Lib3 and click on the works I downloaded, I get a window with their description and an "unlock resource" link.  Aren't these supposed to have already been unlocked when I purchased them?!?!?!

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:40 AM

When I click on the "unlock resource" link, it asks for my cc info again.  What gives?  I got a confirmation e-mail from LOGOS already thanking me for my purchase 15 minutes ago, so why is it asking me for cc info again?

This is VERY frustrating.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:43 AM

Keith Dotzler:
Aren't these supposed to have already been unlocked when I purchased them?!?!?!

Yes, but it seems something didn't 'take'. One thing you can try before making a call to Customer Service is to synchronize your licenses in Logos 3, close and reopen. This may update your license file if that is what the problem is. If so, you will then be able to access the resources you bought.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:45 AM

Keith Dotzler:

When I click on the "unlock resource" link, it asks for my cc info again.  What gives?  I got a confirmation e-mail from LOGOS already thanking me for my purchase 15 minutes ago, so why is it asking me for cc info again?

This is VERY frustrating.

See the above. If that doesn't work, run the script on the email you got.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:50 AM

Thank you for your help Mark, but I don't know how to sync my license or how to run script in the e-mail I got. 

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:53 AM

Well, I just figured out how to sync my licenses, which I did.  I then closed Lib3 and re-opened with no change.  Resources are still locked.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:59 AM

Keith Dotzler:
I clicked the unlock/download button on the order page

Sorry you are having a problem getting your new resources. I am not sure what is going on. (Could be there is some maintenance work happening on the exchange server in the background.)

First, try the download link your confirmation email contains (You just click it to run, say "yes" if it asks for permission.)

If that didn't work try these obnoxiously simple instructions:       (i am not meaning to insult your intelligence here)

• Go to Logos.com
  • Sign in (link at top right of page)
  • Go to your account page ("My Account" link at top right of page)
  • Click on your "My Orders" tab (third from left on your account page)
  • Your most recent purchase should be listed at the top of the page (with date)
  • Click on that order number (left hand side, active link number)
  • Click "Download Instructions for Previous Versions"  Then click the "Unlock & Download " button This runs a script for installing to your Libronix library. You may have to grant your computer permission to run the install. You will also have to close Libronix while installing.

If your purchase transaction does not appear on your order list it did not go through for whatever reason.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:01 AM

Keith Dotzler:
Well, I just figured out how to sync my licenses, which I did.  I then closed Lib3 and re-opened with no change.  Resources are still locked.

The email will have the unlock script as an attachment (some email programs show the attachment in the body of the email). Double click on it. That should launch the unlock process (which you'll see some of) and unlock the purchase.

I know you are frustrated. There may be something that went wrong, but this is a function that is completely successfully dozens of times (hundreds?) a day. If we can't get it fixed, a call to Customer Service will sort it out on Monday.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:09 AM

Ok, none of that worked.  I tried syncing my licenses again, which was successful.  I then looked at the account summary under "library management" from within Lib3, and it gave me the following:

Product Activations

There are 0 activated products.  

Unlocks

There are 0 unlocks. I don't get it. 
Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:17 AM

Keith Dotzler:

Product Activations

There are 0 activated products.  

Unlocks

There are 0 unlocks. I don't get it. 

Did you sign in and check your order history? If you have two Logos accounts, you may have purchased your resources under a different email than your Libronix installation. If your order history does not show the transaction, check your bank or CC to see if the transaction ever went through.

Strange that you got an order confirmation ! Hmm

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:17 AM

Mark,

there was no unlock script in the confirmation email.  There was only a link to the confirmation page, where it says I should go for instructions to download, which I've done 3 times now.

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:24 AM

I did all that.  I've got a confirmation number.  I don't have two accounts.  The purchase won't show up on my cc history for a couple days. 

I got an e-mail thanking me for the purchase.  I watched both titles download with my own eyes.  Both titles appear in MY LIBRARY.  Neither of them appeared in my library an hour ago before I made the purchase.  There are little padlock symbols next to both titles.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:50 AM

Keith Dotzler:
I got an e-mail thanking me for the purchase.  I watched both titles download with my own eyes.  Both titles appear in MY LIBRARY.  Neither of them appeared in my library an hour ago before I made the purchase.  There are little padlock symbols next to both titles.

This is not a consolation but possibly an explanation of what happened:

MAYBE Logos updated the resource files on the ftp server but did not correct the downloaded license to match. If that is the case, you may have to wait till Monday.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 11:53 AM

Keith Dotzler:

I did all that.  I've got a confirmation number.  I don't have two accounts.  The purchase won't show up on my cc history for a couple days. 

Your experience isn't normal so it will probably take a call to Customer Service on Monday to get things worked out. Sorry you are having this problem and that you can't get to your resources when you want them.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 12:51 PM

what if I uninstall Libronix3 and reinstall it?  Will that make a difference?

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the "unlock resources" link within the window that opened for one of the works that's supposed to already be unlocked.  Besides asking me for my cc info again, the price shown at the bottom for the item says "unkown."  When I clicked on the "unlock via internet" option, I went to step 2 to see what it would say when I clicked on "confirm price."  I got an error message (big surprise) saying the item couldn't be sold.

The most irritating thing about this whole ordeal is that you would expect that a company that offers downloads of its products 24/7 would actually have someone from customer service available 24/7!  I will probably never buy anything from Logos again.

Thank you Matt and Mark, for your help.

Keith

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:02 PM

Keith!  *smile*

Peace to you!   And Joy in the Lord ........

Try to get over your discouragement ...........    I know it must be extremely disappointing     ........

However, I've been using and downloading Logos Resources for many years, and this kind of thing just doesn't happen except now and again "once in a Blue Moon."

As unhappy as you are, I think that the Logos Staff will be equally horrified that this happened to you .

Blessings!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:09 PM

Keith Dotzler:

I just purchased 2 works for Lib3.  I clicked the unlock/download button on the order page after submitting my cc info.  Both works downloaded, but when I open up Lib3 and click on the works I downloaded, I get a window with their description and an "unlock resource" link.  Aren't these supposed to have already been unlocked when I purchased them?!?!?!

Keith,

In looking at your account, I see that the two resources you were asking about have been unlocked. Since that is the case, I will send you an email with the steps for how to make sure that your licenses are synched and for how to download the resources as well. If you do have any other questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 24
Keith Dotzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 1:53 PM

Deborah,

Thank you so much!  I followed the instructions in your e-mail and now have both works opened within Lib3.  Actually, after following your instructions, nothing showed up in MY LIBRARY, so I went to the confirmation page from my purchase and clicked on the "unlock/download" button.  Both items downloaded or updated, whatever the case may be, and they are now unlocked on my computer.

I appreciate the time everyone here took to help me. 

Keith

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 4:17 PM

Keith Dotzler:
I appreciate the time everyone here took to help me.

I am so glad Deborah Mickens was here to serve you today. This type of thing is very unusual. The system usually works without incident. (I've downloaded 5 times this week - no problems.)

Posts 1145
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 30 2010 4:20 PM

I  am always happy (do the happy dance) when someone has a Logos/computer issue and it is solved!!  Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS