Storing and searching useful quotations / illustrations

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
David M Reid | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 14 2009 1:45 PM

Hi,

I have Logos Silver ND with some additional books and the Sermon Add-In.  The sermon add-in is really great for storing sermons so they can be searched using meta data (topics etc).  

Is there a similar capability available for quotations? I know there are books of quotes that can be purchased but I am talking about quotes that I uncover or hear and want to collect in a format that is searchable so that each quote can be classified / categorised?  The same facility for personal illustrations would also be useful.

For example 

"Piety has begotten prosperity and the daughter has consumed the mother"

Topics: Piety; Prosperity

Any helpful comments / discussion appreciated.

regards

Dave

Posts 655
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:48 AM

DavidReid:

Hi,

I have Logos Silver ND with some additional books and the Sermon Add-In.  The sermon add-in is really great for storing sermons so they can be searched using meta data (topics etc).  

Is there a similar capability available for quotations? I know there are books of quotes that can be purchased but I am talking about quotes that I uncover or hear and want to collect in a format that is searchable so that each quote can be classified / categorised?  The same facility for personal illustrations would also be useful.

For example 

"Piety has begotten prosperity and the daughter has consumed the mother"

Topics: Piety; Prosperity

Any helpful comments / discussion appreciated.

regards

Dave

Dave, the Sermon Add-in will also do Illustrations...and I'm thinking quotations would be a kind of Illustration. Just change your selection from sermon to illustration in the details area of the file.

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:05 AM

Bill, you infact have just submitted a quotation, right?  I had never checked out the sermon part of Logos' sites and at the top was a quotation you had submitted.  I haven't done as much with sermon or illustration file as I should.  I think I have done 2 sermons (and I don't think I gave them up to be accessed by Logos yet.  Maybe a couple illustrations, too.  It IS a bit of a hassle to HAVE to go through Word first, especially when you find illustrations.  I'd like to just add them to Logos, rather than thinking of how to file them in Word.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 655
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 11:43 AM

Daniel DeVilder:

Bill, you infact have just submitted a quotation, right?  I had never checked out the sermon part of Logos' sites and at the top was a quotation you had submitted.  I haven't done as much with sermon or illustration file as I should.  I think I have done 2 sermons (and I don't think I gave them up to be accessed by Logos yet.  Maybe a couple illustrations, too.  It IS a bit of a hassle to HAVE to go through Word first, especially when you find illustrations.  I'd like to just add them to Logos, rather than thinking of how to file them in Word.

Hi Daniel,

Yes it is a bit of a hassle to go through Word first for the sermons, but to just insert a quotation or illustration, you can just "copy" and "paste." You do need to change the detail from sermon to illustration, however. If I submitted a quotation, it was accidental (haha). I usually check to make sure that I am only going into my own files. If one "slipped" through, then you all get to see what I submitted. :)

I haven't used the sermon Add-in as much as I should/could, but with the start of a new year in a couple of months...that will be one of my resolutions.

Bill 

Posts 13
David M Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:38 PM

Bill, thanks for the post - much appreciated. I didn't pick that as an option - I guess I wasn't thinking laterally enough.

I would like to see another category added into the Libronix  tool so that we can choose from Sermon, Illustration, and Quotation - as they are technically different things.

I use MS Word for sermon preparation and then cut and paste the final product into Libronix  for searching. It would be great if there was a genuine rich text editing capability within the product to avoid the need for MS Word.

regards
Dave 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS