downloading 4

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Barry Darnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:48 PM

I have ordered the "4" update and have received the confirming email, gone to the appropriate site, and filled out my profile, but see no way to download the new books.  I have downloaded the basic that should permit me to download new books etc. but see no way to do it.  Is this only available on DVD?  If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Barry in WV

Posts 1727
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:58 PM

Hi Barry

After downloading Logos 4, you need to log into the software using the same user name (typically your email address) and password you used to purchase your resources. It will then automatically download the resources you have purchased.

You will see the Logos logo in the system tray, indicating that resources are downloading. If that doesn't happen after several minutes, try closing Logos 4 and opening it again.

There's more installation help for Windows users here:  http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ%27s

There's no need for a DVD. Post a reply if you are still stuck.

Posts 3
Barry Darnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:55 AM

MY FRIEND,

I thank you for taking time to assist me......I guess I am really more of a dork than I realized.

I tried to enter the info you said into the Logos4setup but it wont let me type anything other than whats already written there.  I guess I am not doing something right.  I tried the site you included, but all that does is let me download the setup again.  I guess I have downloaded it about 4 times without realizing it.  If you have any other advice for a real nurd I would appreciate it.

thanks,

barry

Posts 1727
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 3:25 AM

After running the install, how did you go with the Log In part?

Click on the Help icon (top right, question mark, just below the X close icon.)

On that screen, who does it say it's licensed to?

Is that identical to the user name you used when you bought your resources?

If so, and you are connected to the internet, the resources should download in time.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:24 AM

I'm too new myself to be of much help -- plus I'm on Mac -- but have you looked at Mark Barnes installation video at http://www.vimeo.com/16398719? That might help you to figure out what you're doing differently. 

And once you've sorted out your current problem, I can't recommend enough that you look at the rest of his beginners' videos. They are far superior to Logos' own videos, and will save you dozens of hours of frustration, while you try to learn the program. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3
Barry Darnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:31 AM

sIt's much later now..........but just in case you are still there, here goes.

Is there a possibility that when I purchased the program that I clicked cd instead of download???

The reason I ask, I cannot get beyond the setup.  I downloaded setup and when I open it

it only gives me the option to "run."  I click "run" then comes the message, Logo4 is up-to-date."

No matter what I try, I can get no further.  I have yet to see the window you last referred to that the help button is just below the 'X"  I have tried to to call for assistance but it seems there is no one

working until Monday.  Any more advise you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

barry

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:53 AM

Barry Darnell:
Is there a possibility that when I purchased the program that I clicked cd instead of download???

That wouldn't make a difference in this case. It sounds to me as though you've installed Logos, but you haven't yet run Logos. There should be an icon on your desktop and/or Start Menu.

Does this help? http://vimeo.com/16398719

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS