Dave Hooton has passed the 6000 post mark

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2829
David Ames | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 9 2010 8:06 PM

Dave Hooton Replied:      6,210  I do not recall seeing a Dave Hooton has passed the 6000 post mark thread - Dave, Thanks

[this thread is ON TOPIC - thanking our helpers gets more help - and getting more help is what the forums are about   - QED this thread is on topic]

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 8:18 PM

Dave,

Thanks for your many many helpful posts!

Scott

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 9:13 PM

David Ames:
I do not recall seeing a Dave Hooton has passed the 6000 post mark thread - Dave, Thanks

What is really cool is the content of Dave Hooton's posts are almost ALL technical & helpful. You won't catch him spinning yarn like some of the rest of us bad boys.Devil

I must tell you, at first glance I thought the thread said Dave Hooton has passed away!  My heart skipped a beat until I realized it did not say that. I rejoice with Dave Hooton's family and friends to still have him around .

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 25109
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:45 PM

Dave

Just wanted to add my appreciation here - your comments, suggestions and advice are very useful.

Graham

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:56 PM

! meant to start this thread, but didn't get round to it - the road to hell is paved with good intentions....

Dave, I've so much appreciated your help and patience with problems that have baffled me.  Thank you!

Posts 26947
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 4:32 AM

Matthew C Jones:
I must tell you, at first glance I thought the thread said Dave Hooton has passed away!  My heart skipped a beat until I realized it did not say that. I rejoice with Dave Hooton's family and friends to still have him around .

I'll be around for a while longer, and I might even spin a yarn or two!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 4:56 AM

Other than pointing out the now obvious fact that Dave Hooton has even less of a life than I do....I also will say I appreciate your posts Dave!!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 4:57 AM

Robert Pavich:
.I also will say I appreciate your posts Dave!!

Ditto. Your a huge help to the Logos community!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 5:59 AM

Yes

Now I'm never going to catch up!

Another milestone Dave.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 6:12 AM

Thomas Black:

Not ever since they instituted that unreasonable "no pointless-count-expanding" posts" rule!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 6:33 AM

Robert Pavich:

Thomas Black:

Not ever since they instituted that unreasonable "no pointless-count-expanding" posts" rule!

Yes, we three wise men (shouldn't that be wise guys?) are without hope of looking important.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:15 AM

Thanks Dave!

For your dependability and your wisdom in solving our problems with L4! i trust that the Lord has and will continue to bless you.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:29 AM

Thomas Black:

Yes

Another milestone Dave.  :-)

Could that be you have a life Stick out tongue?

Congrats Dave, thanks for all of the helpful posts.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 10:15 AM

Matthew C Jones:
What is really cool is the content of Dave Hooton's posts are almost ALL technical & helpful.

It would be interesting to know how many of those are him helping me (and many others) learn how to use the Syntax databases. For a while there it seemed as though he was my personal tutor.

Thanks DaveSmile

Posts 26947
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 10 2010 11:59 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Robert Pavich:

Thomas Black:

Yes, we three wise men (shouldn't that be wise guys?) are without hope of looking important.

Just put your name to a blog articleSmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26947
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:19 AM

Thank you all for your expression of appreciation. I have been doing this for about 7 years, starting with the Newsgroup, but it has been really hectic these last 12 months with Logos4 and the Forums. Yes, I have a retired life which allows more time for the forums but I don't allow the forum to become my life! Logos did a wise thing by inviting (initially) 11 others to be MVP's as I can contentedly walk away from the computer and also ignore many threads when I see your names therein.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:05 AM

Dave Hooton:
Thank you all for your expression of appreciation

I am late to the party, but I do want to add my thanks for your many thoughtful contributions to these forums.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2010 2:43 PM

nicky crane:

! meant to start this thread, but didn't get round to it - the road to hell is paved with good intentions....

Dave, I've so much appreciated your help and patience with problems that have baffled me.  Thank you!

Nicky and Dave!   Peace and Joy in the Lord!

The road to heaven is also paved with good intentions!         *smile*

Dave, I remember so very well your helping so many people (including me!)  on the Logos Newsgroups in the "days of Yore"!!          I've thanked you before - I thank you again -  And!  I remain grateful!

Days of Yore:      one opinion -  *smile*

1 Life was short, bitter and unpleasant

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS