Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Clifford Robin Schuman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:37 PM

I have Windows 7 RC on my computer and have no problems with any software...only Logos. When I try to install from the installion DVD, nothing happens. It just wont install. The operating system doesnt even see the disc. I had no problems with Vista or XP. I was running it on Vista x64. I have the 64 bit edition of Windows 7. I have no problems with any other programs. All other installion discs work with out a problem.

Anyone else having this kind of problem?

Posts 212
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 11:40 PM

I don't have any problem, and I have been using Beta, RC and the final release of Windows 7 since early this year....  Have you try to install it from the lastest libronix from the logos website? you can find it  under support section!

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 3
Clifford Robin Schuman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:22 AM

I uninstalled Libronix from my computer, then installed it again. I went to Logos.com to get the latest and installed it. I got the updates. I again put my install DVD into the disc drive and it was not recognized by the O.S.

I started Libronix and went to tools>library management>location manager and then tried to copy from the DVD to the hard drive. It doest even show the DVD there at all. Its like Windows 7 doesnt recognize the installation DVD. I have files on the DVD that I need. It was a DVD I bought online at Logos.com.

What can I do? I guess I need to downgrade to Vista to successfully install Libronix on my pc.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:33 AM

RobinSchuman:

It doest even show the DVD there at all. Its like Windows 7 doesnt recognize the installation DVD. I have files on the DVD that I need. It was a DVD I bought online at Logos.com.

It could be a defective disk and Logos tech support would have to help you (call them).  Or it could be a hardware problem...what kind of DVD drive do you have? Does it recognize other DVDs?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 10:36 AM

First have to ask an obvious question: Is this a DVD drive, or a only CD drive?

Next do other DVD's work on this DVD drive since installing Win7? All DVD's or only movies or only (other) data?

Can you see the DVD drive and navigate it through Windows Explorer?

Have you checked for compatibility of the DVD drive with Win7, or updated drivers for it. (I'm not sure if the Logos DVD is dual layer, +R, -R, or what. But there could be issues with the drive not being able to read certain media without an updated driver.)

Is your Logos DVD readable on other machines with DVD drives?

Have you checked with the manufacturer of the DVD drive, in case this is a known issue?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 11:27 AM

Late last summer I started to reformat my laptop (last August, if memory serves ... which it mostly does), dump Vista64 and install the Win7 Beta. It occurred to me I should probably phone Logos Tech Support first to ensure Win7 compatibility. At that time, a Tech Support Rep told me they were still working on some issues with Logos and Win7. So, I opted to stay with Vista64 until the retail release of Win7.

I'm assuming (admittedly not always the wisest thing to do) by the time the Win7 retail release hits October 22nd (a first if MS truly hits the mark on schedule) Logos will have any critical incompatibilities with the new OS worked out? (If Logos hasn't already resolved the Win7 compatibility issues by now, of course).

Since I really haven't had any problems with Vista64 SP1, go figure and there are other winter prep priorities about the home and autos, I'll probably hold off on Win7 and all its "this is what Vista should have been" assurances by Beta users and MS 'til I upgrade my desktop. Unfortunately, MS says it doesn't have any plans in the works to offer a package home user site license for those who have multiple computers. That was predictable.

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 36
Stephen Friend | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2009 9:13 PM

Hi Robin:

I am running the final edition of Windows 7 (64 and 32 bit) without any problems.  My recommendation would be to see if any of your friends might have an external hard drive.  Have them copy the files (using their computer) to the external hard drive. Then just plug the hard drive into your computer and install from there.

Other ideas: if you know the model/make of your dvd drive, check out the company that manufactured the drive for their latest driver and firmware. I assume you already cleaned the dvd and there are no scratches/dirt on it.

On a side note, I had Libronix installed on a couple of my Vista machines when I upgraded to Windows 7 and never had any problem (if you do decide to go that route).

Matthew

Posts 3
Clifford Robin Schuman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 6:41 AM

I have the very same hardware that I had with Vista x64. I never have had problems with my dvd drives. I installed Libronix from disc ( dvd ) onto a hard drive with Vista x64 on it and it worked no problem. I hooked up the hard drive again with Windows 7 RC on it and tried installing Libronix on it. It wouldnt go. I cleaned both my dvd drives. I have already gotten the latest firmware updates for them. They are Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 216D. The Libronix dvd is clean with no dirt or scratches.

It has to be a windows 7 issue because using the same disc, the same drives and computer...all the hardware the same...it installs on Vista for me without a hitch.

I will definately buy windows 7 in the near future. I like windows 7 and I think at some time Logos will have a patch or update for it.

Thanks for the replys.

Rob

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 8:52 AM

RobinSchuman:
I will definately buy windows 7 in the near future. I like windows 7 and I think at some time Logos will have a patch or update for it.

If the drives are not readable by your machine, Logos can't fix it. It is either an OS/driver problem or a hardware problem.

You said you 'hooked up the hard drive with Windows 7RC...' Huh? Do you mean you installed Win7RC on a hard drive and then moved the hard drive to your current computer? That wouldn't work, as you would be missing some essential components with the install.

Can other DVD's (including other data DVD's) be read by your system since installing Win7RC?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS