Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Garry Glaub | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2010 9:56 AM

Every time I turn on Logos, I get the same message [I am running the updated version 4.0d SR-2 (4.04.4.3415)] .  Logos is working just fine from what I see, though I realize there are probably some associated problems.  This started a couple weeks ago.  What is going on and how do I fix it?  I read some posts on previous versions with people having troubles.  I tried the simpler versions like "Rebuild Index" in command bar to no avail.  Obviously, I have changed nothing, but the Logos 4 updates have.  Help!

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 11:53 AM

Garry, to get more help we'd need to see log files. See http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging to learn how to permanently enable logging. Then open Logos and let the Indexer run until it crashes, zip the log files up and attach them to a follow-up posting (use the paperclip icon on the message compose screen to do this.) Your log files will be in My Documents/Logos Log Files.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4
Martyn Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:49 PM

Hi Mark, this is happening to me all the time as well. Started after the last automatic update. Crash file attached

8132.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 3:44 PM

Martyn,

We'll need all the log files from that incident, please. They should all have about the same date and time stamp.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4
Martyn Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:43 PM

I didnt have all the other log files so I had to start it up again and let it crash (which it does reliably) Here are the new files . Note this has only been happening since the last update.

6036.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 6
Garry Glaub | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 7:48 PM

Here you go, Mark.  I think I followed your instructions, though I am running Windows 7, so to zip the files was a little different.  I hope this works, but thanks for the help.  6712.logos log files zipped.zip

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 8:45 PM

Martyn,

I think you will just have to rebuild your index if you have not already tried this. Type Rebuild Library Index in the Command bar and hit enter. This will force Logos to delete and rebuild the index it was working on when the crash occurred. If it crashes while doing this zip the files again and resubmit them.

If you have already tried to rebuild your index, then you should manually delete that index, close Logos and restart it. This will trigger a re-indexing.

Navigate to C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random string}\LibraryIndex and delete the contents of that folder.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 8:57 PM

Garry,

It seems that the indexer is crashing very quickly as it is looking for a piece of data that appears to be in the Reverse Interlinear data file. I haven't seen this sort of problem before, but we can test to see if this is the problem.

First close Logos.

The folder you are looking for is C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{Random String}\ReverseInterlinearManager

Rename this folder to OldReverseInterlinearManager

Restart Logos. We're checking to see if Logos can recreate this folder and eliminate any errors that may be in it. Since I haven't tried this I don't know if it will work. If it doesn't we may need Logos to take a look at the problem. You can always undo the effect of this action by deleting any new folder created and renaming the OldReverseInterlinearManager folder back to ReverseInterlinearManager.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 28010
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 12:19 AM

Mark A. Smith:
Restart Logos. We're checking to see if Logos can recreate this folder and eliminate any errors that may be in it.

Garry,

Irrespective of whether this succeeds you should update to the latest version 4.1 (you are running 4.0d). Upload the logs if it still crashes (keep the original ReverseInterlinearManager folder as Mark instructs).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 6
Garry Glaub | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:01 PM

Thanks for posting the link to update, as when I attempted to update manually, the same glitch kept occurring, finally with a report that there were no new updates available.  The 4.0d updated successfully to 4.1, the indexing completed and the error message "Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working" is gone. 

I attempted the other "fix" as well, and the system did recreate the renamed folder, yet the same problem remained.  Thanks, guys, for taking the time to assist with this!

Blessings,

Garry

Posts 4
Martyn Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:15 PM

Thanks Mark, rebuild index looks like it fixed the problem.

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 6:56 PM

Garry Glaub:
I attempted the other "fix" as well, and the system did recreate the renamed folder, yet the same problem remained. 

Thanks for the feedback on this. Glad you are up and running again.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4
Martyn Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:03 PM

OK sorry Mark, looks like I jumped the gun. It fell over again so I deleted the index files as you recommended and it fell over once again. So I have attached the log files5344.Logos Log Files(2).zip.

Posts 28010
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:24 PM

Martyn Crawford:
OK sorry Mark, looks like I jumped the gun. It fell over again so I deleted the index files as you recommended and it fell over once again.

This user's error is similar to yours. You might try some external cooling & re-index. Ultimately, you may have to reinstall.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 9:42 PM

It seems the indexer successfully indexed all your resources and crashed trying to write the index back to your hard drive. This is the same thing that was reported in your earlier Indexer Log file.

We've eliminated that you have a corrupt database or that it was a random error. Dave Hooton may be right about overheating, although your error is somewhat different than the one on the earlier thread he referred to. I can imagine a number of scenarios but it might be none of them. If no one comes on from Logos to give you a suggestion, you will probably need to uninstall and reinstall. If you do this you can use one of the methods referred to here to save some time: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 14
Johan Thom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:42 AM

I recently (a week ago) started to get the same message. I am using 4.2 SR-2 on Windows 7 Enterprise. I attached the logs, but I wondered whether MacAffy has something to do with it. In the AccessProtectionLog it includes the following: "2011/01/22 11:20:45 AM Blocked by Access Protection rule  STB\JCT C:\Users\jct\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\Logos4Indexer.exe \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-1214440339-602609370-839522115-44667\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\LDLS4.Indexer:egj5royi.dn0 Common Maximum Protection:Prevent programs registering to autorun Action blocked : Create"

6710.Logos4.zip

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:10 AM

Johan Thom:
Common Maximum Protection:Prevent programs registering to autorun Action blocked : Create

Suggest modifying McAfee Common Maximum Protection settings to allow program Logos4Indexer.exe to register autorun.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 28010
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:17 AM

Either tell McAfee to exempt Logos4Indexer.exe or block that Rule.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS