Search results

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Gilles Farley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 16 2010 4:58 PM

Normal 0 21 false false false FR-CA X-NONE X-NONE

I have tried to copy 'search results' into a Word document unsuccessfully. After going on the Forum tab and searching for comments on this functionality, I found out that this feature is not available in Logos 4. It is a feature that I used often. 

I agree with the others that it is a feature that I would appreciate.

Gilles

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:17 PM

I don't know what other comments / threads might have said. However, if I understand what you're talking about, I think you can get search results to Word as follows.

• In the upper left of the search panel, click the magnifying glass icon.
  • From the menu that appears, select Print/Export.
  • In the screen that appears, export to Rich Text Format (or XPS document if you have a recent version of Word - 2007 or 2010).

That seems to work for me in L4.

Donnie

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:33 PM

Donnie Hale:

I don't know what other comments / threads might have said. However, if I understand what you're talking about, I think you can get search results to Word as follows.

• In the upper left of the search panel, click the magnifying glass icon.
  • From the menu that appears, select Print/Export.
  • In the screen that appears, export to Rich Text Format (or XPS document if you have a recent version of Word - 2007 or 2010).

A slightly easier way:

1. In the upper left of the search panel, click the magnifying glass icon.
  2. From the menu that appears, select "Save as Passage List"
  3. In the new passage list window that appears, right-click on the verses and select "Copy".
  4. Then paste them into Word.

The verses in the passage list should all be selected by default--if for some reason they aren't, right click on one and click "Select All" before copying. Or select the verses you want using normal selection methods. Note: every time you "Save as Passage List", a new passage list document is created.  You may want to delete them from the File menu after use.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19579
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:33 PM

This feature is now available in Logos 4.1 for Windows, but not available in the Mac version yet (however it should be coming in a future release). Are you on Windows or Mac? If the former, follow the method Donnie outlined. Or for the last step, you could choose "copy to clipboard" (instead of exporting to RTF or XPS) and then paste into Word.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS