Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Desmond Fung | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 18 2009 4:54 AM

I'm a christian who is living in Hong Kong. I wanted to purchase a essential IVP reference collection cd-rom.

However, I am only able to find the old version (not the version 2 or 3)

Are there any difference between the old version and the new one?

Thanks guys

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 6:21 AM

CK:

I'm a christian who is living in Hong Kong. I wanted to purchase a essential IVP reference collection cd-rom.

However, I am only able to find the old version (not the version 2 or 3)

Thanks guys

Peace to you, CK!  *smile*

I think it quite likely that you could install that and then upgrade online to Logos 3.0f, the current lastest Logos Bible Software operating system.

Perhaps some one on the forum who understands better than I could comment?

Or maybe ..

For example, you could download the Logos 3.0f engine from Logos.com - install your old Logos version - and upgrade that way....  

There are people on these forums who are very knowledgeable in this area.  I'm just writing this to "give you hope."        *smile*

Yours in Christ,                  ..........    Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2009 5:36 PM

CK:

The differences are not great. IVP added four small 'handbooks' to the collection with version 2. Version 3 simply updated the Libronix engine to version 3 as far as I know.

Version one will not have Pocket Dictionary of Biblical Studies, Pocket Dictionary of NT Greek, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms, and Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics and Philosophy of Religion.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
Desmond Fung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2009 1:24 AM

well, I guess I would purchase it from amazon rather than from the book store, since new version got more stuffs in it. 

Thank you Mr. Murray and Mr. Smith

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS