Indexing Mac 4.0a SR-5 (4.10.4.7497)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Brian Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 1 2010 2:45 AM

Just purchased and downloaded latest version today. The indexing portion of download took just over 1 hour (till blue icon vanished).

Quite a bit of the search function (ie searching library) does not function correctly...it just brings up zero results after 0.12 seconds when searching for a subject like Faith...hard to believe when I have 750 books in Scholars silver.

I was thinking a manual prompt for a re-indexing would be the logical thing to do...except I don't know how.

I would appreciate it if someone could help with some clear step by step instructions...as i am not exactly a wizz when it comes to computers.

Thanks in advance...Brian

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:42 AM

It sort of sounds like the app is still indexing... Missing search results is a symptom of that.

However, if you want to be sure, simply type REBUILD INDEX in the command bar. That will force a complete reindex or, if the indexer is already running, start it over from the beginning.

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 10850
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:31 AM

Brian Parker:
The indexing portion of download took just over 1 hour (till blue icon vanished).

That seems quite short for a complete index. Perhaps something interrupted the process. Tom has given you the necessary information to initiate a manual index.

Brian Parker:
Quite a bit of the search function (ie searching library) does not function correctly

Which type of search did you try? Was it for the Entire Library or something more specific?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:04 AM

Brian,

If you wouldn't mind posting your logs, we can probably figure out why your index isn't building. I just happened to check the forums (I'm out on vacation), but once the guys get in the office, they can take a look at the logs.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS