Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 3 2010 8:56 AM | Locked

I have to scratch my head and say why is it that images are not there.... then they come back only to disappear  agin a couple days ago. The reappeared magically a few days before the last beta update and just disappeared as I said a couple days ago. Now i don;t care too much about it, but would love to know why this happening????

-Dan

PS:media files when i go to them seem normal, and it displays as 1 of 1 pages so they are not on the next page.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:00 AM | Locked

When you press F5 to refresh the home page, do they appear?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:21 AM | Locked

Dan,

The home page does attempt to determine if there is enough space on the screen to display media images. For example, if you're using a 13" MacBook with a large Dock, sometimes the home page will not display images if your window is not big enough. Other than that, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. Can you give us a screenshot?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:40 PM | Locked

Tom Philpot:

Dan,

The home page does attempt to determine if there is enough space on the screen to display media images. For example, if you're using a 13" MacBook with a large Dock, sometimes the home page will not display images if your window is not big enough. Other than that, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. Can you give us a screenshot?

Here is the screen shot...

-Dan

PS: F5 didn't work but thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 3:44 PM | Locked

What options do you have selected under "Customize"?

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:14 PM | Locked

Dan Francis:

This is most helpful. The answer is, you don't have enough things turned on under "Customize". Images won't display unless you've got enough things to flow around them.

Dan Francis:

If you're using an Apple keyboard (particularly a notebook keyboard), it's entirely likely that the F5 key is used for some kind of other function (e.g. brightness). To get it to behave as F5, you'll have to hold down the key labeled 'fn', which is often (but not always) located in the lower left-hand corner of your keyboard.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:19 PM | Locked

Checked are:

Prayer List

Choose preferred Bible

Lectionary

Logos News

Logos Pre-Pubs

Show home page at start up.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 4:24 PM | Locked

EXCERPTS checked it on customize and my images returned....

MY BAD.. I am sorry..

-Dan

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:19 PM | Locked

In talking with Martin (who wrote most of the home page on Mac), it was explained to me that you have to have enough content on the home page for the images to appear. If you don't have 1 full page of content at least, you won't get images. That is why adding Excerpts in your case made the images appear.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:34 PM | Locked

Cameron Watters:

Dan Francis:

This is most helpful. The answer is, you don't have enough things turned on under "Customize". Images won't display unless you've got enough things to flow around them.

Dan Francis:

If you're using an Apple keyboard (particularly a notebook keyboard), it's entirely likely that the F5 key is used for some kind of other function (e.g. brightness). To get it to behave as F5, you'll have to hold down the key labeled 'fn', which is often (but not always) located in the lower left-hand corner of your keyboard.

I did use actual F5 (fn+F5), i just meant that it didn't return the images.  And thanks I didn't realize you could have too little there I had everything checked and it was just too much. My Goal was to have everything on one home screen, but I guess the trade off is no images. It don't matter too much though, I was just thinking something was wrong, and wanted to report the bug, but since this is proper behaviour, I no longer have to worry about it.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS