Unexpected highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
W. Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 4 2010 6:21 PM

I have a layout set up which consists of the year long standard lesson commentary for sunday school.  For some reason, some of the scripture references in the standard lesson commentary pane are highlighted and I have no idea why.  I looked at my open bible and that has no highlighting at all.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to copy a screen shot into a post.  Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2010 6:51 PM

Hmm...it could be the visual filter "Links to Open Panels" is active, so that if you have a Bible open the commentary will mark the verse that your Bible is at.  If you think this might be it, click on the visual filter symbol in the resource and deselect "Links to Open Panels."  It will no longer highlight verses in that resource.

Posts 27
W. Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2010 7:53 PM

That worked!  Thanks!  I may have checked it inadvertently because I'm not exactly sure what 'Links to Open Panels' is for.

Posts 147
John Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 3:39 AM

It's pretty useful for some resources (I actually have it checked in all my resources because I like it so much).  Where it is REALLY useful is linking from a Bible to a lexicon.  Say you're looking at the definition of a word in BDAG with multiple meanings.  Which meaning is correct for the word in your passage?  If you have "Links to open panels" checked for the lexicon it will highlight your verse so you can quickly scroll down and find where BDAG references it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS