Sync Failed ... Tagging Data Lost

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:45 AM

Aaaarrrgh! Angry

An afternoon spent tagging ... at some point I noticed that the sync arrows had that yellow triangle suggesting a problem.

It was not an internet problem since I was also using the internet to look up the od thing that I needed for the tagging.

Exit Logos  using the menus (i.e. gracefully!) and restart ... All the tags from this afternoon's session had gone .... 2 hours work ... It had not stored them locally waiting for the next sync to occur.

What causes the yellow triangle when there is no problem with the net connection, and what can I do about it?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:57 AM

Patience is ... a rare thing in my office!Embarrassed ... they had synced but only showed up in the library after 5 minutes, in the mean time the sync icon did not rotate so I had assumed there was nothing happening!

Time for a break ....

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:22 AM

Martin Folley:
What causes the yellow triangle when there is no problem with the net connection, and what can I do about it?

They yellow triangle will appear whenever there's a problem connecting with the 'mother ship' when Logos starts. You will also see it, if you have Use internet set to No.

Your work is stored both locally (i.e., on your machine) and synced with the Logos server. So if you were using the same machine, your work should not have been missing. Not sure what happened there. I suppose it's possible that the next time you started your machine, the data was temporarily unavailable as the syncing was taking place, but I've never heard of that happening before. Odd.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS