update no longer possible

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 9 2010 4:15 PM

My logos 4.1 does no longer find any update. Maybe the update to 4.2 went wrong, but now the programme does not find any updates when I give the command 'Update now".

What should I do?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:03 PM

Piet Huttenga:

My logos 4.1 does no longer find any update. Maybe the update to 4.2 went wrong, but now the programme does not find any updates when I give the command 'Update now".

What should I do?

I'm not sure, but here are a few suggestions.

First make sure "Use Internet" is set to "Yes" in Program Settings. You may also want to make sure "Automatically Download Updates" is also set to "Yes." (You can change these after the updates are finished, if you prefer.)

Look in Help/About (click the small green circle with the question mark (?) on the far right of the program window - under the "x" to close the window) and check (report) your version number, just in case you were updated and didn't realize it.

Then type this in the command box: Set Update Channel to Default (this will ensure you're on the correct update channel, and will check that channel against your currently installed version).

If all the above fails report back with your version number, enable logging, and post the logs here as well.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:29 PM

Or, you can manually upgrade to 4.2 by downloading the installer from here:

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 5:41 PM

Kevin Becker:

Or, you can manually upgrade to 4.2 by downloading the installer from here:

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Just a comment on the manual installer. It's just a bootstrap installer that downloads the full 46MB while it executes. So you need to be online while you run that installer even though you've downloaded.

I'd love it if Logos put up 2 manual installers - the bootstrap and the full.

FYI...

Donnie

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:58 PM

The manual installer did give me the opportunity to again download the update, but that process immediately stopped after the indexer again crashed.

But thank you very much for the suggestion.

Piet

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:59 PM

I have sent the log files to tech@logos.com

Greetings,

Piet

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:59 PM

I have sent the log files to tech@logos.com

Greetings,

Piet

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS