Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 27 2010 3:24 PM

Some days ago I bought the Christmas mastercollection.
Unfortunately I'm not able to download the collection. I'm using Libronix g.0

My laptop downloaded all the books (it took about 8 hours). When it had finished downloading all the books, it didn't install the books but closed with an error message. When I checked the program none of the books were installed.

I can single out some books from the download file, but after downloading the single volumes these books still appear on the list. As this is such a large download it's difficult to experiment, so I need some help to get the books into my library.

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 27 2010 7:07 PM

If you don't get an answer here, you might need to call Customer Service about this. It's been so long since I've used Libronix/Logos 3 that I'm not able to support it anymore for things like this.

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 5:41 PM

Thanks Rosie - yes, I may have to do that.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 2 2011 7:19 AM

Rosie Perera:

If you don't get an answer here, you might need to call Customer Service about this. It's been so long since I've used Libronix/Logos 3 that I'm not able to support it anymore for things like this.

Rosie,

When Logos 4 was released Logos posted a script somewhere in these forums that would upgrade our Libronix 3 libraries to the expanded content with one click. I used it to upgrade my Libronix library to Portfolio Edition and it worked well. I'm not sure if that script will work on upgrading to a Christmas Collection. I never "looked under the hood" because it worked. I have no idea where that script could be found. ( I think it was also posted in the Logos blog.)

EDIT:  I found the scripts in the Logos blog: http://blog.logos.com/mt-cgi/mt-search.cgi?search=Libronix+3.0g+Fixes+Windows+7+Compatibility+Issue+&IncludeBlogs=1&limit=20  . The scripts are package specific and only install the contents of your base package. (I was hoping they used a wild card search and compare to my registered licenses and would download all hits.) To download individual add-ons will still require using download links in my Order detail pages (under the "previous versions" link or using the third party CDs or hunting them down in the ftp server.

I just upgraded my laptop drive and successfully installed Logos 4 by download. Everything went well untill I discovered I did not turn off sleep mode for the night. Indexing is predicting 12 hours for 17.4gb My library had been around 13.5 gb with Portfolio and a add-ons. I gained a little over 1000 new resources with Master Collection so the download will vary in size depending on how many duplicates you have.

After Logos 4  gets done I will be installing Libronix 3 using the link the OP said is not working. Wouldn't it have been nice to have syncing in Libronix 3?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 2 2011 6:23 PM

I would hazard a guess that trying to download ALL the new books at once is too much for your laptop  (requires a huge amount of free HD space for both temporary files while downloading then permanent space to copy them to, on the same volume as your Libronix Program Files.)

Using the script available to you on your Order history page, or the one sent to you via email, do the download in stages.  First download ONLY the license (uncheck all the resources).  Then run the script again and again taking only a few hundred resources at a time and allowing a full launch and resource discovery of Libronix Logos 3 between each successive download. 

Downloading a few book files without then launching Libronix and allowing Discovering Resources to run to completion and account for them in your built in Library, will not help. The next update will check what is needed versus your updated internal Library list, not the files on your hard drive, so it will still think they are missing.  By all means take your prefered new resources early-on in the process and verify you can open the books as you would expect.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 7:37 PM

The download link worked fine for me. It took a while even though I already had half of the resources. The indexing was supposed to take about 12 hours and was on track all day until my 7 tear old son unplugged the laptop with an nonchargeable (dead) battery in it. Crying The indexing started over taking another 16 hours to complete.

The second attempt took. Everything seems to run ok., but how do I really know everything is present? It will take lots of reading before I will know for sure.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS