Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 29 2010 4:56 AM | Locked

Opened L4 Mac this morning and received a message that new resources were ready to be added. Since then have not been able to use L4 Mac. The application opens, but within 15 sec it disappears and I receive a quit unexpectedly message.

4034.LogosLogs Jack Caviness 20101229-075315.gz

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 5:08 AM | Locked

I tried again. This time the application stayed open. I was able to switch layouts to all close and back to an OT study on Esther. After a few minutes between the ESV Study Bible and the NAC on Esther, L4 Mac again departed with the unexpectedly quit message

5722.LogosLogs Jack Caviness 20101229-080544.gz.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 7:37 AM | Locked

We'll review your logs.  Does it appear to start indexing the new resources when it crashes?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 10:00 AM | Locked

Did your layout include a Search panel set to a view that was causing the app to crash (which will be fixed in next beta)?

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 10:08 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Did your layout include a Search panel set to a view that was causing the app to crash (which will be fixed in next beta)?

Initially, the layout did include a Search panel, but I do not know where it was linked. It had been open the last time I had quit the app prior to the update. After I successfully opened L4, I altered the layout to eliminate the Search panel. It this ran several minutes prior to the third and final crash.

I hope the logs will show you something. I still have L4 Win installed in a Parallels VM, so I am not without L4. I do live dangerously as both installations are betas. I am too old for bungee jumping, so I have to settle for the betas. Big Smile

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 29 2010 10:21 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
I hope the logs will show you something.

Thanks for the add'l info. I submitted your logs to development.

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 4:23 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Thanks for the add'l info. I submitted your logs to development.

Installed another resource update this morning, and things got even worse. For awhile I could not even get the app to respond. I managed to get the app back, but it quit shortly after launch. Perhaps something in that resource update has become corrupted, but I do not read logese.

3771.LogosLogs Jack Caviness 20101230-071835.gz

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 5:04 AM | Locked

Through the magic of Time Machine, I restored the Resource Manager folder to Sunday evening. Opened L4 Mac and double-clicked on a few Hebrew words to check out Stuart's problem. After a few minutes, L4 Mac went away.

Until I hear something from the Dev Team, I will leave the Mac version. 1145.LogosLogs Jack Caviness 20101230-080016.gz

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 9:13 AM | Locked

Jack,

I just fixed this crash in our Dev code. Our new beta should be out sometime next week with the fix. This is the same crash that LGoodwin is experiencing (and Stuart is experiencing): http://community.logos.com/forums/t/27783.aspx

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 12:17 PM | Locked

Tom Philpot:
I just fixed this crash in our Dev code. Our new beta should be out sometime next week with the fix. This is the same crash that LGoodwin is experiencing (and Stuart is experiencing): http://community.logos.com/forums/t/27783.aspx

Thanks Tom. Is it the LXX with Logos Morphology? I replaced that resource in the layouts causing the crash, and L4 operates normally. 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 1:31 PM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

Thanks Tom. Is it the LXX with Logos Morphology? I replaced that resource in the layouts causing the crash, and L4 operates normally. 

Yes.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS