Linking via XP

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1565
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 30 2010 6:42 PM

For reasons I won't go into (and don't apply to 99% of Logos users), I run Bibleworks (Windows XP SP3) using Parallels 6 on my iMac (quad-core, 6Gb RAM). Parallels is set to route all html commands into OSX, e.g. if I click on a html link in my notes in BW (Windows), the link will open in Firefox (OSX), and I've confirmed that that works.

This doesn't seem to work for Logos links, I assume because XP doesn't recognize the link protocol. I understand it changed between Logos 3 and Logos 4.  Anyone have any suggestions? I can create links with shell commands if necessary.

Ben

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 778
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 7:55 PM

I would like to see an explanation of links, as well.  What they call "url" only works for me when pasted as a "hyperlink" inside a Microsoft product on a PC; e.g., inside a Word document.  I haven't been able to get them to work on a private wiki.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 4 2011 5:21 AM

Appears Parallels Desktop User's Guide includes Parallel Tools (installed in guest VM) - Shared Internet Application Tool can specify default browser for different URL's - wonder if logosres: specification can be added ? (URL prefix for logos)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS