Hyperlinking not working

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2748
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 7 2011 7:30 AM

I  just got a new Bible module for the Complete Jewish Bible. One of the main uses of it is in our congregation where we do the weekly readings. I was trying to make some note pages for these with hyperlinks to the CJB. So I took one note that I already made with my standard ESV and tried to modify it. It doesn't seem to take it, or if it does, doesn't seem to work.

Here's the prefix for the link:

logosres:cjb;ref=BibleCJB.

I'm not sure if the issue is with the new resource,me or L4M. I might see if it works in L4

I thought maybe I should prioritize to CJB, do the links, and then switch back to ESV. Any thoughts?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 8:09 AM

If you just want to open up just the Complete Jewish Bible do

logosres:cjb

if you want an actual reference

logosres:cbj;ref=BibleCJB.Jn1.1

See: http://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks#The_Anatomy_of_a_Link

Posts 2748
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 2:04 PM

I had seen the Wiki and thought exactly the same as you suggested. But it wasn't working. 

So I tried something different: copy the URL for the passage I wanted to link. Looks a bit different:

logosres:cjbib;ref=BibleUT.2Ki4.1-37

Not sure why the identifiers are different, but it does work! The trick for copying URLs is to make sure you've got the full passage and then you're good.

I'm tempted to make an HTML page for this purpose instead of notes. Anyone have a thought about that?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 2:11 PM

Ah, I don't have the CJB so I just took the verse map indicator that you gave for granted.

Posts 2748
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 2:49 PM

That was my problem too. It seemed logical enough. At least now I know.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS