Prioritizing moved

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 25 2011 8:28 AM

Some have asked that Prioritizing be moved from the Library wiki page to a page of its own (Rosie & Mark). So i copied that section to this new wiki page Prioritizing. For the time being this section is duplicated (for all the old links to it from various Forum posts). In the future, the copied portion of this section will be removed from the Library wiki page and a notice with a link to the new wiki page will be replace it. The sub-heading will remain, this will allow old forum links to still work (but users will have to click on new link under the sub-heading to move to the new page.

So the reason for this post is to get forum users to start using the new page when they link to Prioritizing.

This will speed up the loading of the Library wiki page once the section is removed and replaced with a cross link. It would probably be useful in the future to move the Ratings & Tagging sections to new pages as well. So now if users are taken to the new Prioritizing page, it should load much quicker in their browsers.

EDIT: links to Prioritizing in the Table of Contents has been changed to go to the new page.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:18 PM

steve clark:
So the reason for this post is to get forum users to start using the new page when they link to Prioritizing.

Steve,

To clarify your statement:-

If I go in through the wiki TOC I will be directed to the new page automatically?

If I use existing links in the forum I will be directed to the old page, which is part of a page for Library content. But I will see this Heading/notice:-

Prioritizing

• Notice: in the near future this section is to be removed. It has been copied to a new wiki page of its own (Prioritizing). So when linking to this section, please link to the new page Prioritizing.

So I should use the above link, and this Heading will remain when the current content for Prioritizing is removed?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 7:13 AM

Dave Hooton:
If I go in through the wiki TOC I will be directed to the new page automatically?

Correct  (under Library -> How to Prioritize resources )

Dave Hooton:
If I use existing links in the forum I will be directed to the old page, which is part of a page for Library content. But I will see this Heading/notice:-

Correct

Dave Hooton:
So I should use the above link, and this Heading will remain when the current content for Prioritizing is removed?

Correct.

(Edit: the Heading will remain, the notice will probably change, Mark has suggested following the method used by other wiki sites, which sounds good. And even though the notice will be removed, there will be sufficient info & link to the new page.)

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 26 2011 2:54 PM

steve clark:
(Edit: the Heading will remain, the notice will probably change, Mark has suggested following the method used by other wiki sites, which sounds good. And even though the notice will be removed, there will be sufficient info & link to the new page.)

Excellent!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 3 2011 1:55 PM

Prioritizing is now separated (removed from the Library page, but cross-linked).

Ratings & Tagging pages are in the early stages of being extracted to stand-alone pages as well. So please link to these new pages in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS