Is there a way of freezing the layout in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Adam Schultz | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 1 2011 9:50 AM

Hi, all... this question actually comes from an entire class at my college that is using Logos 4 for our last semester of Greek.  It seems that every time you open a new command like "Go to John 1" the layout changes, sometimes a two pane in exegetical guide, sometimes a five pane, sometimes a three pane.  For the purposes of greek translation, most of us prefer to have one pane dedicated to a Greek manuscript, one pain on parsing resource, one on little kittel, and one in a commentary.  Is it possible to lock in or freeze these preferences as a default layout?

Thanks everyone!

Adam and Greek 4 at Dordt College

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 10:54 AM

Adam, it seems that you need to learn how to make a custom layout and start from that rather than from the command bar. I think this is the way most of us who use Logos for our job set up and use it.

Check out this page from the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Layouts__ especially the first section that refers you to some video tutorials. After a few minutes you should be able to arrange a layout to suit your needs, name it and it will be saved from that point on. You may want to check out how to link resources as well (NT, Commentary, etc.) (see: http://wiki.logos.com/Linking_Resources). Then you can open that layout and start by simply typing the reference into the Greek NT reference and have your commentary and other resources synch to the reference.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:09 PM

Also worth mentioning is if you turn the homepage off, Logos will open to the last layout you were using

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 3838
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 3:13 PM

And I don't know where you live, but if it were the midwest of the USA, you could take it outside.  Chances are it would freeze.  Smile

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2
Adam Schultz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 3 2011 9:41 AM

Yes, any computer left outside would quickly become a data-cicle...  Thanks for the link to these videos.  They are much more useful than the "official" videos in that they address particular problems or particular uses--and they don't employ a hard sell for larger packages.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS