Collins Bible Companion jumped directly from gathering interest to shipping.....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 4 2011 10:56 AM

I have been keeping a close eye on my prepubs recently anxious for a few favourites to go into the under contract phase. I have been very shocked to open things up today and see Collins Bible companion listed as shipping soon. I am pleased but remember well looking at it and thinking why isn't there more interest in this wonderful little book. How often will Logos simply put something into production even if not enough pre-orders are received?

-Dan

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 11:56 AM

Dan Francis:
How often will Logos simply put something into production even if not enough pre-orders are received?

That is a good question (and observation.)

I suppose if the CEO really wants it published it will happen regardless of the pre-orders.

Bob Pritchett has publicly stated he saw no personal need for a Coptic dictionary. After that post, Crum's Coptic Dictionary fell off the radar screen in Pre-Pubs. (Granted, there was little interest and we do have the Concise Coptic Dictionary available already.)

Bob Pritchett also expressed fondness of  The Century Dictionary (12 vols.).

My guess is there is a clandestine group of scanners and typists working in the janitor's closet at Bellingham feverishly pushing The Century Dictionary to publication. Even without the necessary pre-orders. (At least I hope there is!)

Now, if only we can sell Bob on the Samaritan Pentateuch. Whisper

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3810
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 12:18 PM

I wonder if some these that move silently from "Gathering Interest" to "Shipping Soon" might not have some support from the publisher.  This title is obviously still in copyright and will need some support from the publisher to move forward.  

Another title that behaved similarly was the Wesleyan Bible Commentary - coming in March.  Though a bit older and no longer in print, it too would still be in copyright.  I wonder if some of the LOGOS contracts include a specific publication date - regardless of the status of the Pre-Pub?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 12:19 PM

It might be as simple as the publisher wanting it done and hiring Logos to put it into Logos format too. Zondervan in the past has done that very frequently, I am not with Logos but with Accordance for sure. Which gives me hope for NIB and NIDB, although I know it depends heavily on if Abingdon sees Logos as their new electronic publisher, because I know they were seriously looking for one from the questions asked in the registration form for the NIDB, "which bible programs do you currently use" and I am fairly sure one like "what one would you most like to see New Interpreter's family of products in". 

-dan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS