Fonts not displaying properly in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 10 2011 3:43 AM

Hi everyone! I seem to be having a problem with displaying fonts recently. I had never noticed it before, but, for example in Josephus and the New Testament, I get things like Schrer, with a box where the o+umlaut should be. Anybody know what to do?

Posts 19314
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 3:56 AM

Kendall Sholtess:

Hi everyone! I seem to be having a problem with displaying fonts recently. I had never noticed it before, but, for example in Josephus and the New Testament, I get things like Schrer, with a box where the o+umlaut should be. Anybody know what to do?

I can confirm this. I'm not getting the box, but I do see a problem in that same resource with the name you're referring to:

I'm using Logos 4.2a Beta 6 on Windows 7, using the Default font. My version of Josephus and the New Testament is 2006-03-24T00:06:17Z. I'm guessing it's a problem with the resource, since u-umlaut shows up fine, including in Schürer's name (it's not supposed to be an o-umlaut) in other resources:

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 6:48 AM

Thanks! I'm glad to know that it is something with the resource and not with my computer! Smile

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 7:12 AM

That resource has several problems, including the "Sch rer" issue, that I reported here nearly a year ago:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14110/108766.aspx

I guess we need more people to complain to get them to fix that resource.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19314
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:29 AM

Todd Phillips:

That resource has several problems, including the "Sch rer" issue, that I reported here nearly a year ago:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14110/108766.aspx

I guess we need more people to complain to get them to fix that resource.

Todd, nobody from Logos responded to that thread, so I bet they never saw it. Email logos4feedback@logos.com with a link to that thread. Melissa Snyder reads that email, and she'll make sure it gets logged to the resource bug list internally.

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 10 2011 10:34 AM

Rosie Perera:
Email logos4feedback@logos.com with a link to that thread.

Done.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS