When Community Pricing Goes Through

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 24 2011 5:21 AM

G'morning, everybody,

When a community pricing title closes its bidding (and your bid succeeded), at what point do you get charged for the item and do you get a choice about how you are going to pay for it (or does it go on your "last used" credit card, etc)? 

Just curious so I can plan. Thanks!

Pastor Brian

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 5:28 AM

Good morning Brian,

Once CP titles go through, they get put on the Prepub list as "in progress" so that people can continue to bid at the now higher and closer to retail price.  You will not be charged until the prepub get's published and it's ready for download.

Generally it will go on your default credit card, though you can go to your account page and click the ORDER number and then hover over the price to click EDIT.  Once there you can select a different card if you have one.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 5:37 AM

Brian Maag:
When a community pricing title closes its bidding (and your bid succeeded), at what point do you get charged for the item and do you get a choice about how you are going to pay for it (or does it go on your "last used" credit card, etc)? 

Pastor Brian,

When a Community Pricing graduates into Pre-Pub status you are not charged. Your card will only be charged when the title finally ships.

Maybe that is what you already understood,. I just wanted to clarify it for others who think it has to be paid for when it locks in successfully.

ps: You can change your credit card info for any title right up to shipping date.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 6:46 AM

Brian, one more thing: you will get an email a few days before a prepub finally ships, to give you a chance to update your credit card info if necessary, or cancel the order if it comes at a bad time for you financially.

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:34 AM

If I remember right, one is not allowed to do payment plans for community pricing purchases, correct? 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:35 AM

Brian Maag:

If I remember right, one is not allowed to do payment plans for community pricing purchases, correct? 

Correct. Also true for pre-pubs.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 25 2011 6:18 PM

Brian Maag:

Here is a dangerous yet tempting factoid:

When this resource was in Pre-Pub the price was $899.85 and of course not eligible for a payment plan.

Zondervan Bible Reference Bundle 2 (47 vols.)

When it finally shipped the price remained the same and it is now eligible for the payment plan.

This is the ONLY case I know of where the price remained the same after shipping date. But your understanding is correct, as Richard confirmed, payment plans are not offered on Pre-Pubs.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS