Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 312
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2009 12:53 AM

Hi all,

I'm keen to make sure that I backup all of my Logos resources, settings and notes files. I have been able to locate the location of these in the past and have successfully reinstalled with no problem. However I have now started to use the Visual Markup feature to mark and annotate resources, but I can't determine where this markup is stored to ensure that it is backed up! Can anyone point me in the right direction - I have followed Morris Proctor's video on the subject and am already backing up what he suggest but want to ensure that we've not missed anything. Any help gratefully appreciated!

thanks,

Paul

Posts 2753
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2009 1:37 AM

Look in your "My Documents" folder

you will see a folder called "Libronix DLS" which contains your user settings.

The folder you seek is called "VisualFilters"

But I reccomend you back up the whole "Libronix DLS" folder

DominicM

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 26597
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2009 1:49 AM

You might also look up "Backup and Restore of Libronix" in the Files sub-forum (c. 27 July 09).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 312
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2009 2:14 AM

Thanks for the pointers. At the moment on my machine I have Logos program files installed onto the system partition (drive c) and all of the datafiles, e.g. resources, annotations, date files, vocab lists etc installed onto a separate partition (drive d). I've done a search for Visual Filters across both drives and it seems that the only reference is on the system drive in APPDATA\Roaming\Libronix DLS\Library\Preferences\LDLS\VisualFilters.lbxprf. I'm assuming that this is the preferences associated with the Visual Filters rather than the actual VisualFilter data. Am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks,

Paul

Posts 26597
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:25 AM

PaulMeathrel:
Am I missing something really obvious here?

Paul,

You are missing the simple fact that it is far better, with less chance of error, and more reliable,  to backup everything in the relevant folders!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS