Malformed Index

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 10 2011 6:45 AM

Yesterday I purchased Spicq, it downloaded and seemed to index fine.

This morning I saw that Windows was wanting to force a reboot so I shut down Logos and installed everything, rebooted. I just got around to restarting Logos and almost immediately the indexer crashed and then Logos crashed. I didn't have perm logging enabled on this computer. Here are the crash dumps. I see it indicates a corrupt index.

1185.Logos4IndexerCrash.txt

4338.Logos4Crash.txt

These are the updates I installed this morning were:

• KB2505438
  • KB2479943
  • KB890830
  • KB2508989

My desktop doesn't appear to have this problem. I'm off to delete my index files to force a re-indexing.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 6:53 AM

Ok, so Logos still crashed after I moved the Library and Bible indexes to the Recycle Bin.

So I canceled indexing, deleted the incomplete indexes, restored the Library and Bible indexes and tried to start Logos with a blank layout, The indexer didn't crash this time but Logos still did.

Any ideas about which database to delete?

Here's the log from the attempt to start with a blank layout

5460.Logos4.log

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 7:44 AM

I just talked with tech support, I got bumped to level two fast and my logs are winging their way to the developers Smile. And I'm doing a full reinstall sans the quick method.

Thanks for your help Steve

Posts 13146
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 9:17 AM

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. My guess would have have been keylinkmanager.db

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2011 9:37 AM

Mark Barnes:

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. My guess would have have been keylinkmanager.db

No problem, I've got a fast connection at work and I'm already on the indexing

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS