Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 798
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2009 8:11 AM

I like the concept of reftagger. Here is why I have not been using it though:

When I put a section of scripture up, I usually only want the person to see that section. Here is how I use it on Bible Gateway:  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20cor%201.3&version=NIV

Except that I call the link something else, which is something I don't know how to do in the forums. But the point is, it takes you to just that verse or range of verses.

If I use reftagger, it takes me to the verse, but then the following passages are displayed as well, like this:

http://bible.logos.com/passage/NIV/1%20Co%201.3#ref=1%20Co%201%3A3%2Chi%3D1%20Co%201%3A3-1%20Co%201%3A3&ver=NIV

I don't know how to make the actual reftagger work on here.

Not nearly as useful. It is confusing if I am only wanting them to see the verse or verses I am referring to. I know if you hover over the verse or range it will pop up. But if I they click on it, then they get more than that.

Is there any way to make bible.logos.com behave like that?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 9:13 AM

Hey Jerry,

One of the benefits of bible.logos.com is the ability to have infinite scrolling. That means you can scroll from Genesis 1:1 all they way through the last "amen" of Revelation without having to open a new page. Because it is set up this way, it isn't possible to have bible.logos.com display a single verse. That said, you should still consider using RefTagger because when your readers land on bible.logos.com there will be a visual indicator to show them the verse or range you references. What's also great is that they can also engage the context of the verse you reference, so you'll be helping them get into Bible study!

Hope that helps.

Posts 798
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ryan.

I do like the infinite scrolling in most cases, but not for this.

I cannot see the visual indicator for the verse or range of verses. What am I missing?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS