Can notes that are linked to a single Bible version be changed to all versions?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 29 2011 7:59 AM

I've learned how to link a note to all versions of the Bible, but before I figured this out, my notes are only linked to one version (NRSV).  Is there a way to link my Bible notes to all versions of the Bible without having to retype them?

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:26 AM

Unfortunately I don't know of a way to move notes from being attached to the text of a Bible to being attached to a verse.

You can copy and paste from one note file to another, that will be faster than re-typing.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:51 AM

Thanks.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:04 AM

no not manually.. but looking at the database I think it is easy to do programatically, I will have a play and if there is much call will release a "conformity/sanitiser" tool

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:45 AM

Dominic, I used your last utility and I still am impressed.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:06 AM

Ronald Quick:

I've learned how to link a note to all versions of the Bible, but before I figured this out, my notes are only linked to one version (NRSV).  Is there a way to link my Bible notes to all versions of the Bible without having to retype them?

Thanks,

Ron

I have done this accidentally before and just copy and paste them into a new note correctly linked.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:49 AM

I think you may be adding note whilst on selection tab rather than on reference tab, if this is case it cannot be fixed by me. - sorry

If you add to note on reference tab it does show in all versions, so no utility required

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:02 PM

DominicM:

I think you may be adding note whilst on selection tab rather than on reference tab, if this is case it cannot be fixed by me. - sorry

That is exactly what I was doing before I learned how to add the note to all versions by selecting the reference tab. - Thanks for trying.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:03 PM

Jacob Hantla:
I have done this accidentally before and just copy and paste them into a new note correctly linked.

I will copy and paste them into a new note.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS